1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Gallstones Confusion

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by SaiNiharika, Aug 21, 2017.

1. SaiNiharika

SaiNiharika Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Please advise m e. iam in confusion.
    In my chid child birth time i have diagnosed by gallstones.I have suffered with peroidic sever stomach pain because of gallstone. But 2 years i did not suffred from any syptoms of that. but from 1 month i am facing same stomach pain. Ultra sacn has done and confirmed gallstones ae there but in small size. For gallstones i am taking homeo medicine's from 2 yeras. Today when i went o gastroloantologist with my scan report. he is asking to to under go gallstone removal surgery. past 8 yeasrs i under gone pcod laparoscopy 2 Caesarean's for 2 kids 1 obortion. Now doctor asking for laparoscopy for gall stones. Mine is mutliple small stomes. HOme doctor is saying stnes dissoves with my mediciene wait for some months. English doctor is saying waiting is meaning less go for surgory. Please hlep me.I don't want surhory. i have small kids i want o wait some more years.Please help me. give suggestions

2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Generally surgery is advised only if the pain is unbearable. please take a second opinion.

3. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Gall Stones are always a problem even if you have to wait, many stones do not disintegrate, if they are in many numbers though small, always advised to be removed. Gall bladder surgery is a common one using lap method,

However confirm the exact reason of stomach pain, take a second opinion and move ahead....

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. SaiNiharika

I don't have very much unbearable pain, Some times coming pain suddenly and left for 1/2 day. Some times stomach burning sensation no pain. Doctor forcing me to do surgery . He not investigation an other reason for pain. just seeing report and saying surgery. I met 3 doctos not giving alternate medicince also they are saying u have to do surgery in you life time. So go now .

5. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Visit a gastro enterologist from a reputed hospital, the exact cause of pain needs to be assessed. Without this do not take decisions as you may not be sure your problem will be solved even after surgery.

Where do you reside, i mean in which city?

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sainiharika,
    Go to a gastroenteroligist immediately. Stones may be small. But sometimes they get into bile duct and cause pain and sometimes complications. Gastroenterologist would guide. Even if he advises surgery it is very simple...laproscopic. in two days they send home. Recovery is fast. My brother has undergone gall bladder removal surgery two months back...same problem. No cause for concern and worry.
    Syamala

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Sandycandy likes this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op....in most cases ,doctors will recommend removal of gall bladder when you have gall stone.If the stones get stuck in the duct ,they can cause serious problems.

That said,it is not an emergency situation in most cases. My mil is living with them for last 10 -15 years.She gets severe pain once or twice a year but most times ,she has no problems.

I had gall stones for a year after the birth of my child and it was a nightmare for me . The pain was unbearable and almost every day and I opted for the surgery .

I also tried homeopathy for sometimes with absolutely no improvement.

If you feel that the time is not right for you ,talk to the doctor how long you can safely wait.
    Ask the doctors about complication that could arise If you wait longer.
    If you can bear the pain and if the doctor is fine with waiting,you could postpone it for a year or two.

Or you could plan it well.
    You could call someone from home to help out for a few days with the kids.
    A planned minor surgery is better than having to do it at short notice .

If you feel the doctors are over enthusiastic about performing the surgery for financial reasons,then you could get an opinion from a govt hospital doctor.

Sandycandy, Nonya and shyamala1234 like this.
  8. SaiNiharika

Hi Syamala, did your bother any problems after that. Is his digestion is good. Any precautions after surgery. My friends are saying after surgery your digestive system becames worst.

9. SaiNiharika

We reside in Hyderabad any good doctors

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Niharika,
    For a few days they asked him to take little quantities of food more number of times. If taken more at one time bloated feeling. Weights should not be carried for a few days.
    He got it done at Asian institute of of gastro enterology, Panjagutta. A good team of doctors are there. Driving not allowed for a few days. He was in hospital for two days. First go for consultation....they would advise what is best for you. Take an appointment.
    Syamala