1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gaithersburg Apartments - Urgent

Discussion in 'Indians in Washington DC' started by couchpotato, Jul 14, 2012.

1. couchpotato

couchpotato New IL'ite

Hi, I have got a new job in Gaithersburg, Md and will have to move there ASAP. In fact, I would love to drive down this weekend to check out few places. I read somewhere on the forum that Brighton Apartments are good. What do you think? Could you please recommend good apartments. I am looking for a very safe place with lot of playmates for my 4 year old daughter.
    And can you recommend a very good preschool for my daughter?
    Please take some time to share your thoughts. I'll really appreciate that. Thanks.

2. couchpotato

couchpotato New IL'ite

Re: Apartments in or around Gaitherburg - Urgent

Any feedback on Park Station or Beacon Place apartments? I hear Kentlands area is pretty good. What do you think? Or staying in Rockville is better?
    Folks, please give me some advice. I am looking for a safe neighbourhood with lot of kids.

3. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Oh dear, I'm not exactly sure, but you can start with this website:

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Maryland/Gaithersburg/

People give their comments on different apartment complexes.

Also, find out what police precinct the apartment complex you are interested in belongs to. Call the police precinct and ask them about crime statistics. Explain you are looking for safe place for your 4 year old daughter.

4. couchpotato

couchpotato New IL'ite

Thanks for your advice. The problem with apartment ratings is that you see reviews that are poles apart. That's why I was hoping I would get inputs from people who have first hand experience with the area.
    Btw, I have never called up the pricinct, but may be I can give it a try. Thanks.

5. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I have another idea.

Locate an address in Gaithersburg.

Do a reverse search of the address (you can leave the street number blank). Usually, it will display a list of residents living around that area.

Here, start with this website: http://refdesk.whitepages.com/reverse_address

Identify people with Indian names. Call them. Explain that you are looking to move to Gaithersburg, in a particular apartment complex in a particular. Strike up a conversation about why you are moving, where you are from, where your family in India is from, i.e. if you are from Chennai, and the people on the phone are from Chennai, you can make small talk about where you grew up, etc, etc. Even if you are from Chennai and they are from another region, so what, we all want to help each other. Perhaps you can ask about closeby Indian restaurants (thinking at top of my head)

Not only you are getting candid information about the area, but you are making some good friends that can last a lifetime.

And if they ask how you got their phone number, tell them the truth. Tell them you did reverse address search on Internet to find a list of people who lived nearby, and you saw that their names sounded Indian and you felt comfortable talking to them.

Be candid and genuine. Many people truly want to help out a friend in need, you need to open up and realize that the people at the other end of the phone line are also good people.

Keep us posted!

6. rashi01

rashi01 New IL'ite

Hi, I live in Gaithersburg, and yes Kentlands area is pretty good. It is a safe community and has great schools around. I also have heard good reviews about Brighton village. I think lot of Indians live there.

Hope this helps,

7. kalpana123

kalpana123 New IL'ite

Hi i said 6yrs in Orchard pond Apartment its good. more Indians also. now recently i moved Virgina. i love Maryland.
    near indian store, restaurants,shopping mall everything very near.
    Brighton Apartments also good..near grant mart,indian store
    good prschool means i strongly recommend goodshepherd preschool. my daughter studied there.