1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gadget-free romance !!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by abc00, Jun 12, 2013.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

This generation we have so many gadgets just name it and we have many ways of communication. I was not in an era of gadgets when I dated my husband and when I recollect those old days I always have good vibes and a smile on my face. I felt like sharing it here.

Me and Dh were neighbors and childhood sweethearts. We grew up together watching movies, celebrating festivals,visiting friends and going to the same school ! Listening to songs on the radio was a favorite pastime.

I have many songs to remember through which we shared our emotions. Dh was somewhat non-comitting initially and tried his best to convince himself that what he felt was not love but infatuation.

Today I saw this video and remembered that episode:
    Itna na mujhse tu pyar badha.mp4 - YouTube

Those days there was a chocolate by name ' sweetheart', which he used to give it to me and i had saved those wrappers for many years:bonk

When we played 'antakshari' in a group, he would sing all the romantic songs and I would blush !!

We used to meet secretly at the bus stop and let all the buses go so that we could spend more time.

Share your gadget-free stories here.

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Awesome thread. Very hard to think of gadget free (phone free) romantic incident. Will think and come back. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

sweetest thread :D

EightKittens likes this.
  4. shaluk

shaluk Silver IL'ite

DH would to sit in kitchen till i finish dinner and cleanup, just to give me company every single day till we stayed in that home. He would share all the gossip about everything happening in society and neighborhood :). Sometimes maid bunked and i never knew about it because home was all cleaned up by the time i got back from work( he was on holidays those days). Those were my best days but as soon as he joined his work we had been traveling since :-(

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  5. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

Aahhh... very sweet thread.

6. honey29

honey29 Silver IL'ite

Such a nice thread.. Me and DH went to Munnar for our 2nd wedding anniversary. we choose Alleppey over night boat trip exaclty on our mrg day. That was the sweetest memory I ever had. The boat contains a bed room with attached bathroom, a kitchen and a living room. Only two people come with us in the boat. one is driver, another is cook. both of them will be busy leaving us alone. ;) :) As boat goes into river and then into sea, cell phones will not have signals. Just both of us free of gadgets, free of people, surrounded by water and coconut trees on the banks.. That was an awesome moment...We had such a romantic, peaceful and memorable marrage day.. :) :)

7. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

my experience was not coz we belonged to that era but since i belonged to the family which followed the rule "any gadget spoils the teen"

We used to sneak peak and meet in our apartment terrace. The thing is that i would not know if he would come to meet me or he wouldnt know whether i would come or not. But nevertheless we always were there waiting for each other. On days we couldnt meet since i couldnt make it on time or he couldnt be there due to his classes, we used to leave love notes in the lift room. :)

Good old days!!!!

8. golumolu

golumolu Silver IL'ite

Lovely thread.

My DH, that time BF was in 2 years training of IAF. I was in hostel for my studies. Those were the days when mobile were accessible only to limited high profile people. Since only parents were allowed to call on hostel the only mode left to us for communication was LETTER. I used to wait for his letter daily and all my room mates will sit with me and ask to read letter a loud. In night when my roomies will fall asleep, i would sit at my table and write him a letter. Although we were not together, no phone, no email but still those were the best days of my life. Thank you for reminding me of all those beautiful days.

We talked on phone after 3 complete years and met after 4 years..I was all blushing seeing a handsome young man in front of me. I will now stop here else i will end up writing my full love story hehehe

9. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Those days were lovely definitely - thanks for reminding those.

Also they were less expensive - these days frequently new phones have to be gifted, balance to be topped up, poor youngsters - I pity them :rotfl

EightKittens and positivegal like this.
  10. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Wow such a nice thread!!! When We were abroad, we had every Sunday as a gadget-free day ESP the mobile phone, so tht I&DH spend good time with each other but after we moved to India there was not even a single day like tht, I hope I will get my good old days back(fingers crossed). In olden days there was no Internet, no mobile ph, no SMS chatting but still people were able to communicate properly with loads of love& bonding..Golden period