Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I am on mobile hence silly banter and mischievous jumpstarts. Once I am back, focus on QPQ and NNN. No critique or no drone, only nonsensical essays. This is the end of my unborn critique.

2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I hope u can see irony in ur conclusion :)

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Gabbing away on a tangent, this profile-post quote from @Gauri03 caught my eye:
    “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

It reminded me of other related (IL-worthy) pronouncements by the always entertaining Fred (below), who never married and was indeed rebuffed in love - all the gals were swooning over rock star Wagner, I guess :lol: - the more things change, the more they remain the same!

“If you want a friend, you must also be willing to wage war for him: and to wage war, you must be capable of being an enemy” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Everything about woman is a riddle, and everything about woman has one solution: it is called pregnancy. Man is for woman a means: the purpose is always the child.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

:roflmao:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I am trying to check how detrimental is a valid counter argument. I am trying to get the feelers for a soft critique. I am trying to assess how much does one lose if a remark and not purposeful flatter is employed. In that exercise if I have engineered irony, that surely is a byproduct and not the end result.

5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Thats ok Ira...My point was simple. That dilemma is quite common.
    Dont fret . Enjoy ur vacation.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Reference is about the storm you had mentioned and what you thought I might do.

7. Viswamitra

Here it is:

@Gauri03: suggestion for Devi's advocate as Watson title for Rihana.
    @Viswamitra: Evaluates and determines based on what was the reasoning and concludes it is positive. Further comments acknowledging it as positive Watson and simultaneously mentions about Naradha.
    @Rihana: Acknowledges 'Devil's advocate as positive but Naradha as negative Watson.
    @Viswamitra: After learning further about 'Devil's Advocate", questions the Practice of the Church and not @Gauri03's recommendation as positive Watson.
    @Rihana: Presents that Naradha is viewed negative despite how it was presented by @Viswamitra.
    @Viswamitra: Apologies for flouting his own "no negative Watson" rule as perception in Indian context is different.
    Both decide to discuss "Devil's advocate Vs Naradha" in another thread.

Why no negative Watson rule is the same reason why the IL rules were created and implemented by the moderators including @Rihana.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Woafff!!! Finally, I am back on a big screen with WiFi. What a relief.

Negatives of Irma (only for Tampa Bay area): Branches of tree fell - the wind noise throughout night sounded like a train running above your head - Lost power for two days - No shops opened for two days losing a lot of revenues - Gas stations offered only lower grade gas and that too everyone was on line for hours

Positives of Irma (This comment is only about Tampa Bay area): Neighbors supported each other well - 100s of friends and family called to inquire about our safety - Family stayed together and talked a lot in the absence of power - No social media time - Lost 3 pounds working in the yard removing debries

Viswa

PepperPot and Gauri03 like this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra Now that I know you are safe and okay, my turn to nitpick. What exactly does "neural network" mean? The family of machine learning algorithms or the gray goop in my head. If the former, why, and if not the latter, why not? :D Don't think too hard. I'm just bored. ; )

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame