Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

You might try this - if you haven't already.

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Hey, thank you so much. I was looking precisely for such (information) website. No, I had no clue this site exists. I liked the way the information is presented with detailed organic structures of drug molecules and its function.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Dude, where's the video? You will need it for her high-school graduation, wedding etc.! Get organized - now!:cool:

Gauri03 likes this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I know! I should have but I'll get other opportunities. : ) She is a very self-sufficient 3 year old. Dresses herself! :rolleyes: Worst her brother ever did was go through a phase of wearing mismatched socks. This one is a handful!

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

We are almost there. Tonight is the major event eye wall of Irma just pssing through very close to where we live. I feel very blessed to know how many are thinking of us but exhausted with preparation. All family members are together in one place.

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Narada/Naradha versus Watson is an entire separate and intriguing discussion.

In response to a "Devil's Advocate" Watson, you came up with Kaliyuga Naradha. Kind qualifiers of "In a friendly manner", "every now and then", "but all his actions would eventually result in good results" do not take away any impact of the "He creates trouble."

You link DA and KN in one sentence in a post, and in another post agreeing that they are not similar?

Viswa, so much insistence and gentle directives for members to only post positive Watsons in that thread. Not fully positive Watsons are ever so gently admonished with a missing response/Like. In a community composed mainly of people from the Indian sub-continent, a Narada Watson cannot be positive. Can it? How much ever lipstick is put on it, it cannot be made positive. I could have added a bunch of "in a friendly manner", "every now and then", "but all her posts help the OP" but those would not make "More than a whiff of snark" a positive Watson. Similarly, KN.

A straightforward negative Watson is much more refreshing than one that needs so much explaining to make it into the Positive category.

To reiterate, I have no issues with any Watsons, positive or negative. But, linking a KN Watson to a DA Watson by any association, or saying that KN is fully positive, is confusing.

Gauri03 and Nonya like this.
  7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

The "mot juste" for positive in "How much ever lipstick is put on it, it cannot be made positive." could be kosher. :grinning:

Nice essay that one was.

N hardly ever advocates; N's clients go on to muddle through some serious misfortunes before everything comes up (if not peachy..) tolerable.

I bet it will get graded on a rubric.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Rihana likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana,

Agreed. My bad. I didn't fully comprehend the negative connotation (in Indian context) until you explained it through lipstick example. I have inadvertently broken my own rule of no negative Watson. Lack of judgment to have gone on that slippery slope. You were too generous to gently point out. Remarks withdrawn including the title. My apologies.

Rihana and Gauri03 like this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Looks like I played the role of Narada muni with my Watson!:oops: Narada, as I remember him, played the role of the instigator. He would whisper and provoke, and set a chain of, often tragic, events in motion, paving the way for divine intervention. One can say all's well that ends well but that was not what I was playing at! :BangHead:

Speaking of negative Watsons, I've heard some interesting phraseology with regards to myself, but the best one was an anonymous message someone left me - "your posts are so boring, you will bore me to death! ":facepalm: My apologies to my anonymous critic. :beer-toast1:

Viswamitra and Rihana like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dang.. you say 'my bad' so fast? :rage:

You are a pleasure to interact with, Viswa. What I appreciate best is that you do not start an intricate discussion and abandon it mid-way with a 'ok gotta go....' You might take a break to deal with hurricane/storms for example, but will complete the discussion later for sure. That is an online courtesy I respect. Stepping into a discussion that is obviously going to not be short, and then rushing away with a 'too busy.. no time...' annoys.

I was a little miffed at the no-negative-Watson rule, and that too that it had to be put in place after a negative-watson.. so this extended back and forth about KN vs DA.

Thank you for engaging. And I mean that thank-you so much and in so many ways.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Viswamitra likes this.