Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good luck Viswa! Wish you lots of success in your new endeavor! :thumbup:

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Viswamitra

Wishing you all the best in your new business!
    PS

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you Gauri. I need a lot of such wishes as I am doing sales function for selling software products and services after nearly 17 years.

Viswa

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

Thank you for your best wishes.

Viswa

5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Hey Viswa,

I am stunned. This looks like a confession month. Jayasala , Cheeniya and now you also have disclosed that you had your basic education in Tamil medium. I am really stunned. I mean your English smacks finesse and I have never speculated, let alone suspected, that you might have had your early education in non-English medium. If you don't mind me being too nosy, how did that transition occur? What enabled you to pick up formal English so seemlessly? Cheeniya had his warehouse of Wodehousian literature with other interests to overhaul his making. What about you? I have a personal interest in this area. I've high regard for people who have accomplished this task. Please share only if you are comfortable. Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So, Alam Panah likes Allam Pachadi? :cool:

7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Sweets, you have exactly three hours for fixing the blunder. Mr Alaam Panah despises orphaned posts, more so if they are found abandoned in a bassinet at the door step. Refer to the instruction set: here.

He might step up his persuasion with a larger hammer, beware! You don't even have the translation of that "Allam Pachadi". Our Alam Jahapanah also hates regional text with no English translation. Don't rile up our Mr Panah. He was gentle last time and pardoned me. Heavens! Fix that green thingy before he flips. Did you notice that Cheeniya is so stricken that now he assiduously quotes post numbers (post#547) alongside green thingy not to unleash Mr Panah's wrath. Kidding! Repeat after me: Links (those little green IL arrows like the one above) exist for a reason.

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I might get away on a technicality.. this is an orphaned Like. : ) Alam Panah clicked Like on an Allam Pachadi recipe post. How to quote a Like. : )

9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

You are doomed, woman! Get out of the state before he peeps in. You cannot be rescued now. Find a safehouse and don't come out till I alert you.

Don't take his "like" on face value. Alam Panah's "like" is an encoded signal that is difficult to fathom. In my personal experience, I have seen him liking a very obscure post of mine that makes me wonder and almost tempting to inquire .."what did you even see in my shabby post?". For all I know, he could have liked Allam Pachadi because it merely reminded him of Ali Khan Pataudi.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  10. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I can defend every 'like'.:cool:
    Arrey, you should be flattered, no? That I (and others) may want to trace back the discussion?o_O
    I actually asked for the recipe. @Satlak seems to be quite the cook - and food photographer, not to mention writer of food p*rn!:lol:
    Who could resist the description below?
    *Oh dear, one is not even allowed a joke? Do I need second-amendment tools to exercise my first-amendment rights?
    :icon_writing::icon_pc::grinning-smiley-048:

Satlak likes this.