Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Folate - Wikipedia - Vitamin B9 (1mg)
    Methylcobalamin - Wikipedia - Vitamin B12 (1mg)
    Curcuminoid - Wikipedia (Turmeric Powder)

A medication that gave me relief from Arthiritis, minor Stenosis and Spondylolysis is called Rheumate. My doctor gave me the sample and it gave me great relief and hence I requested her to prescribe this medicine. I gave the prescription to my pharmacy and they told me that the medicine would cost $700 for 90 days supply as insurance won't cover it.

Why can't I take natural alternatives to Rheumate? I can. But, seeing the cost of the medication with these components caused me hypertension. How do I cure that?

Viswa

2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

This sounds like a scam Viswa! They charge whatever the market will bear, while insurance will not pay because it's not been tested in a clinical trial. If the agents work for you, then you are better off with the natural alternatives.

Deep breathing?:lol:

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

@sokanasanah,

GNC sells them individually and not combined. I can't believe the Americans were buying Turmeric at $49 per bottle when I visited GNC. I could have easily told them to visit the Indian store to buy Turmeric powder.

After I posted my previous post, I found that Primus Pharmacy sells 90 days supply @ $87. I don't understand why Walgreen wants to sell it @ $700 and why Blue Cross Blue Shield will not cover food supplement that has no chemical in it. In fact, it should be a generic product.

Viswa

4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

For insurance companies, demonstrated efficacy is a must. There are no controlled peer-reviewed trials for this supplement combo in arthritis.

5. Viswamitra

Primus won't take the risk of distributing it unless it is FDA reviewed for efficacy. As you know, food supplements don't require to be FDA approved. Here are the details:

http://www.rheumaterx.com/docs/rheumate-pi-web.pdf

Viswa

6. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Thank you..

Puttabbay likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've used Bandicam for screen recording. Simple enough to use.

rachaputi likes this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I missed this obituary as yesterday I was following the demise of George Romero, the guy who changed the rules of the horror film-making.

It is always heartening to see women making inroads in science and technology awards. Unrelated or loosely related to this reportage, few months ago, I was reading about the UAE space agency and their ambitious Mars colonisation plans. Then, I came across an interview of their Chief Innovation Officer. Guess what, she is a woman, Sheikha Al Maskari. I was surprised with her statement of women filling up these space-themed roles in UAE. That's one progressive stride. I wasn't aware of such onrush of excitement in women to claim these challenging technology jobs in UAE. Good to hear. I hope this Mars-oriented girl-powered workforce gives that Greek mining tycoon intent on harvesting asteroids a tough challenge enroute.

The country also hopes to encourage girls and women, in particular, to become a part of space sector. Al Maskari notes that women make up 38 percent of the UAESA’s workforce. On the Hope project, the number’s closer to 40 percent. Full article: here