Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Saw the beautiful Krishna along with Radha in the media section.

Kindly convey to your daughter and Sambandhi that it's a very beautiful Potraint. No doubt the portriat made your feel so happy.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Anusha2917

Saw the beautiful Krishna along with Radha in the media section.

Kindly convey to your daughter and Sambandhi that it's a very beautiful Portrait. No doubt the portrait made your feel so happy.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is gathered from them that this they acquired from GRT THANGAMMALIGAI at South Usman Road T. Nagar, chennai. For information. I presume They have branch at your place wherever you are.
    Thanks and Regards
    God Bless.

Amulet and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I had gone to that shop once. What an experience !! What crowds !! Leisurely haggle that people had talked about isn't a feature over there. Nobody has got time for that. Gold is sold like in a vegetable mandi. Weigh, calculate, and quote the price. When you buy, they also toss in a picture calendar. The picture is mostly that of Lakshmi, but other choices are also available. This calendar must be the equivalent of of a few springs of cilantro or curry leaves one gets at the vegetable mandi.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. Anusha2917

True. When we buy the gold/diamond scheme (monthly installment) they give a lot of goodies for free.

Last time he gave me Non stick kadai. And this time he again gave me same Kadai I was hell bent in not accepting that and then he changed to giving me a pressure cooker.

Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This is so cute.:kissingheart:..
    Hell bent in not accepting !!! I just about fell off my chair laughing.
    Soooo..... there is still some room for haggling, after all. You've made the shop to stop giving you kadai and got a pressure cooker. :kissingheart:
    Recently some other IL'ite was trying to give up on Aluminium and non-stick coatings in her kitchen utensils. That is a good idea. Don't accept non-stick kadai's or aluminium pressure cookers. Go for StainlessSteel items the next time you are up to receive a premium gift.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  7. Anusha2917

Definitely I'll go for Stainless Steel One. My maid was asking for a pressure cooker . Apparently the cooker he gave was a aluminum one. Not that I want her to use unhealthy aluminium . She was telling they use aluminum in her village. All her utensils are aluminum ones and she wants a cooker . And happily accepted that cooker as my Navrathri gift.

Next time I'm taking vessels from him. He does have some steel ones. :sunglasses:

Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:I am glad to note that you had visited this shop. That is what the experience precisely one gets since decades. Your assessment cent percent accurate. Their Broad sheet annual calendar is almost an almanac and obverse side full of information about places related to spirituality and popular among Hindu travellers.

2. Lady pick pockets caught in the act but treated gently in privacy for interrogation and sent With money by its MD. In this shop seen milling with crowd right from 9 am onwards and buyers would wait with their selection to be billed only during auspicious hour.

3. There is a large room at the back side of the shop with super ambience for buyers where the items in their view would be brought for visual inspection and final selection. Beverages and cools offered free throughout the day to customers provided at a central place.

4. Their palatial branch is at North Usman Road where one would find not overcrowding and here their patrons are NRIs.

5. Besides calendar at the end of the year and January, every buyer offered freebies like vanity bag travel bag diaries or and ss kitchen utensils.

6. Lady detectives remain incognito among the buyers.
    Thanks and Regards.

God is aglow in precious metals & stones.

9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Welcome.
    2. At the back of your mind you have lovely memories to treasure
    In front of you the research drawing to a conclusion and a find
    Nice to know your progress realm.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God - every Resreach is a re-search & a small step toward your domain.

10. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Thank you @Laks09 . The other half of the glass still stares at me as is . Yet to find strength to pick up the battles which are worth it and be content with whats not. Thank you for all the help.

Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.