Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Sweety2016 ,

Golden words! In our rush, so often we take our most loved, cherished ones for granted that we often tend to hurt them the most. I like to think that we are too close to see beyond. Just yesterday, I was talking to a friend and told her the same - that she is too close to her son that she is not able to put herself as outside that box and actually see what he needs, which was so obvious to me! Thank you for that wonderful reminder.

Sweety2016 and Afresh like this.
  2. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

So true Srama. Seeing your lines, I remembered a theory on interaction potential between two atoms to form a chemical bond.

An atom is composed of a positively charged nucleus and a negatively charged electron cloud, the region around nucleus where there is a maximum probability of finding an electron. For eg. Let us consider hydrogen molecule (H2), two H atoms join together to form H2. When the 2 H atoms are too close together, the +vely charged nuclei in the atoms repel each other, so no bond is formed. Only at a certain optimized distance, the energies are minimized and a bond is formed between them.This, we call it as interaction potential.
    Same applies to relationship as well. If we start being too close to each other, we start repelling away from each other due to our own actions and hence hurt each other the most. So there should always be an optimized distance that should be maintained in any relationship so that stability is ensured.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You might have to change your plans Viswa. With 415 ppm CO2 in the atmosphere we are looking at a potentially huge rise in sea levels. Coastal Florida has about 20 years before the party ends. Considering their backwards climate politics, can't say I feel too bad for Floridians right now. Such a pity we will all pay the price for their ignorance.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03

Based on the information I have from my sources, the pralayam might happen in 2028 and I will be done with Florida by then. However, I am buying the house near the beach in Chennai. Now considering all the risks associated with Tsunami and other factors, I am also planning to have one built in a high mountain.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear @Gauri03

I love rain too. Listening to rain and reading is my enlightening moments. The rain certainly makes me produce good hormones and I certainly feel that.

Vani

Gauri03 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Oh Wow, I simply love learning about this. Thank you !

Sweety2016 likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I enjoyed reading and future potential for scientific explanations.
    God there is an Eisenstein in making Bond Relationship.

Sweety2016 likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Rain in moderation is welcome with open arms in all geographies. But when it turns into cloudburst that city and surroundings cannot endure or beyond its capacity, none would be loving it.
    In small steady spells, it launches many to be a poet, dramatist, story writers, a good watch from hill top hotel for a couple in vantage room perhaps double rainbow..... it brings in isolated cases, the first love to an adolescent perhaps

Rain in Spain stays mainly in plains
    God’ s eyes including the third eye welled up at sight of humans devastating the Earth.

Gauri03 and girvani like this.
  9. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Thank you @Sweety2016 - With your recent posts you are bringing back my love for science from my giddy old school days. And especially whatever I learnt in school, I always felt it represented and was connected to my real life in some significant way - similar to what you've done. I have to go back and indulge in those pleasant comparisons. Please keep doing this! :cheer:

Sweety2016 likes this.
  10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

I kinda knew your post in 100 days of positivity would be a nostalgic post..
    Open IL. See a notification on your reply in 100dp thread. But before that the algebra was waiting . But I took a wild guess about your post. Tried to understand algebra. It went above my head. And read your post and smiled. My guess was right.. :cheer:

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.