Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Blinky

Blinky Bronze IL'ite

Ouro is fabled but not catchy! On second thought, the acrobat sounded like an endangered African snake adopted by a Polynesian pet shop. I enjoy transformative identities to dissociate phases of reflections. Mostly, I cannot relate to myself from the past, what I had been. I feel the bygone was too juvenile, and embarrassingly stunted. Ouro's act was that of a nymph, fledging into proper growth. I enjoyed the circuitous wandering. I am glad you liked it too.

The bastions of my chatter are my friends stricken with my frenzied banter or doo-wops and scratchlings from self-indulgence online. That consistent excitement has been my mainstay across. I cannot recall myself ever being bogged down to have depleted that excitement. If anything, that excitement is getting crazier these days with my brain fried up like that of Don Quixote.

'In short, he became so absorbed in his books that he spent his nights from sunset to sunrise, and his days from dawn to dark, poring over them; and what with little sleep and much reading his brains got so dry that he lost his wits. His fancy grew full of what he used to read about in his books, enchantments, quarrels, battles, challenges, wounds, wooings, loves, agonies, and all sorts of impossible nonsense; and it so possessed his mind that the whole fabric of invention and fancy he read of was true, that to him no history in the world had more reality in it. He used to say the Cid Ruy Diaz was a very good knight, but that he was not to be compared with the Knight of the Burning Sword who with one back-stroke cut in half two fierce and monstrous giants.'

-- Don Quixote​

The spirit is self-perpetuating and thriving today with no noticeable outer impetus. I know you understand when I squeal that the spirit happened because of the people who made my life happen.

Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Deleted as not required.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03 Thanks to your song, I'm now stuck with an earworm! Couldn't get rid of that voice from my head, delightful and had been humming all morning "Haidari...am... am"! :lol: Good share, wouldn't mind and this, btw, is a public request to make you share more from that treasured jukebox of yours! :biggrin: I'm only half kidding, be the Dj already, please! :wink1:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Gauri03 likes this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Ahem, didn't you think I wouldn't like it? :wink: Surprise surprise but I did! :yum: I wouldn't have known the song or the artist otherwise or maybe it would have taken forever for me to stumble across such music on my own. Come on, try us. I would doodle the lyrics or the titbits, would that convince you? :grin:

6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

once the winners are announced :banana::cheer::banana::cheer: what Ms.K?

7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Lol, but don't you know me at all? :imp: I had rather jump about my friends' wins than for myself. :oops:

jskls likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@kaniths,

My apologies. I didn't mean it that way. All I wanted to say was I was missing your iconic language. :facepalm:

kaniths likes this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Hee hee I know I know ... just to pull your legs

kaniths likes this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame