Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

"Vi-zha-Ki-zha-mai Ku-zha-ndhai Va-zha-pa-zha-thukkaga Vi-zhu-ndu Vi-zhu-ndu A-zhu-dadhu" - Rough Translation - The infant cried rolling on the ground on Thursday for a banana fruit. This training will help figure out how to pronounce the letter that is very unique to only Tami-zh.

Viswa

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Is it ra-ta-toue or ra-ta-tooyue or ra-ta-tooy? If someone says only after the right pronunciation, this dish can be eaten, I will be disappointed. What is in a name? The dish is measured by its taste not by the tongue-twisting pronunciation.

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

There is an interesting twist in the plot, you ll know when you get there. ;) Thrilled and excited, I wanted to know what happens next only it's the S1 cliff hanger already! Enjoyable watch, wish there were more episodes. :blush:

4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha! It just striked to me now how non-Tamilian ILites here who aren't familiar with our 'zha' sound, would have read the 'seppangkiZHAngu'? As za or ja maybe?

Zha could be written along with its English phonetic representation '' but think it will only confuse more. Better to replace with the usual 'la' form while writing online, so the word can be read closest to how we do, especially in a multicultural forum as this. Got it now! :touched:

To add to Viswa's points... The difference between 's' and 'sh' pronunciations can be highlighted to make understand the twirls involved and how for the 'zha' sound tongue has to be twisted little more backward than a 'sh'. Works? :thinking:

jskls likes this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Remembering the 'Thillu Mullu' movie interview Scene! Thengai Srinivasan @ 2:15m. :tearsofjoy:

6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I got curious too and looked up. A 'zha' is available in French and it's pronounced like 'Zsh'. Also there is a Chinese 'zha' character. Interestingly it's the least complicated letter in their script as opposed to our 'zha', the most complicated to spell. Lol.

JointPics_20180814_120718~01.jpg

Just #Randoms. :innocent:

jskls likes this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Viswa! It's a big day for your son. I hope there is a grand party in the works. :partyhat:

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Thank you Gauri. He is driving back tonight and we have to find out his plan for a big party.

Gauri03 likes this.
  9. anithasmile

anithasmile Senior IL'ite

Hi, I am having so much stress. How get rid of it through positivity.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Listing and writing down the positives of your day and life helps. Regular exercise of at least moderate level is also essential.

Beyond that, some self introspection and examination of what things trigger the most stress. This is not very difficult to analyze. It is often something like trying to do too much in little time, allowing a person or people to vex your spirit, not having figured out how to deal with uncertainty. Try to reduce one or two factors and the effect of eliminated stress will start to compound.

Beyond that, developing a thicker skin, and shrugging the shoulders more often at life's little vicissitudes helps mightily. : )