Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

^ this subject is my new search addiction! Any time I type in Google, something deep sure pops up! :sweatsmile: Fun exploring! :thumbsup:

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I have much to chime in and respond to all your funky observations in Gabfest and Futurology. Will do so later. (Just read them.)

3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Currently checking out...

DE2E0B9A-264E-4197-B40D-D5D3D2843C93.jpeg

No one in Kappel am Albis can recall exactly how the soup came to be – or the true ingredients used when it was first made in the field near Kappel Abbey. But there is one story on which everybody agrees: the broth was created by accident in June 1529 when two hungry armies met on a battlefield on what is now known as the Milchsuppestein, or ‘milk soup pasture’. And it’s a meal that’s since played an outsized role in Swiss history, becoming a modern-day symbol of diplomacy and reconciliation .

-In Switzerland, the soup quarrelling politicians share!

...and I remembered your NNN soup story! :blush:

4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

If the write-up material is contributing and not leapingly gabby over Ning themes/narratives, feel free to post in the original thread for continuity. That thread isn’t sacrosanct and only my dominion. I just dump my random and culturally striking musings there.

5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

The Russian futurists are quite a babbling force to be reckoned with. While reading about those whimsical poets, I came across Velimir Khlebnikov and his 'Bo-beh-o-bi' poem.

Bo-beh-o-bi, sang the lips,
    Veh-eh-o-mi, sang the glances,
    Pi-eh-eh-o, sang the brows,
    Li-eh-eh-ey, sang the visage,
    Gzi-gzi-gzeh-o, sang the chain.
    Thus on a canvas of some correspondences
    Beyond dimension lived the face.

I wonder about the readers! Fa-ah-ih-sa smiled at that face.

kaniths likes this.
  6. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Is there a brood of little Iras that I do not know about? :eek:o_O

7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Dude, this legendary Iravati can singularly command as Darwin's ultimate evidence.
    (Loud applause for nature's wonder bird).

The obnoxious thought of little Iras frightens me! I am more than the world can take for! Little Iras may sabotage the blue planet by running amok with their (r)evolutionary performance.

8. sokanasanah

Darwin, and yes, even Lamarck, need reproduction.:icon_writing:
    Otherwise it's all just self-improvement, not evolution.:icon_pc:

9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Little Irav and Little Sokan are on a glorious expenditure in HMS Bungle to discover the nature of evolution. One dark and stormy evening, Little Sokan approaches Little Irav on the deck and expresses his doubts about their scientific endeavor.

upload_2018-5-22_18-22-8.png

"Irav, I have an uncanny feeling that I am chasing entangled concepts. Do you think humans evolve or self-improve?"

"Evolve! What is even that odious self-improve sounds like your gusto self-editing."

"Irav, I think humans in their lifetime improve and not evolve. Look at you, still the same face and limbs and crazy delusional. Though between bouts of insight you demonstrate gaps of insanity, that insight in you improves, not evolves. Evolve means to reproduce into something anew whereas Improve is to fix the gap inherently. You are not evolving but improving."

"Balderdash! Our skin cells die in two weeks and colon cells die in just five days which means I am transformed into something and not within something."

"But your neurons are for a lifetime."

"That is because I should remember who I am after all the cascading evolutionary cycles so the neurons are identity vestiges."

"See, that's my point, you are self-improving and not evolving as long as you the same person."

"Self-improvement has a capability restriction but wild evolution is unbound."

"Sorry, what was that non-sequitur about?"

"Nothing, just wanted to distract you from your nitpick."

"Listen, unless you divide yourself into another Little Irav, you are only improving and not evolving."

"Does not matter whether physically you split from your evolved self. In identity study, improve is still sympathetically attached to the previous-self but evolution is detached from the previous-self in mannerism and style." (waggles her brows)

"I have made my up mind. I abandon this pursuit and ship."

Little Sokan fetches his cotton kurta from the trunk and ties it to a stick and waves at the oncoming ship. He boards that visiting ship and departs. He is greeted by a dour-looking and bearded gentleman juggling with barnacles. "Can you tell me what ship is this?"

"Lad, this is HMS Beagle and I am Charles Darwin."

"OK, I am on the right path and ship then."

upload_2018-5-22_18-25-43.png

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  10. sokanasanah

Just kidding. Dissecting metaphors is an easy game. I know you were trying to say 'Evolve from former self into a new one'.
    :beer-toast1: