Futurology

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Aug 20, 2016.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

This also reminds me of another recent cognitive study, a rare case of a blind woman being able to see objects (in motion).

Researchers map brain of blind patient who can see motion.

Goosebumps at how Brain can function in extraordinary ways! So much to know! :wink1::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

#More_Wow_Wednesday! :innocent:

Haiyan Zhang @ CogX2018, on how she used design thinking and machine learning to help a person diagnosed with Parkinson’s.

Impressive. :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Screenshot_2018-06-26-19-11-40-361_com.evernote~01.png

Talk about perspective. :facepalm: :lol: :thumbsup:

4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

To understand more, I digged deeper and found this podcast useful.

We’re so far from the problem of the AI wakes up, and says, “Oh I think I’m going to go start a war.” Or Look at what is a real risk. We have autonomous weapons— autonomous drones say, weaponized drones—that are allowed to make their own decisions about who to shoot, and there are some real risks there, but we built these things, we told them that it was okay to do this thing. I don’t think we’re in a place where the Terminator style model one day wakes up and decides, “I’m going to get rid of the humans.” That’s not the fear. The fear is we’re creating new technologies that give more power to people who are going to use it unwisely. - A conversation with Tim O'Reilly on AI and the future.

Ideal future is augmentation of humans with Ai, that is "Human + AI collaboration" and working together.

When you create a Human+AI team, the hard part isn’t the “AI”. It isn’t even the “Human”. It’s the “+”. In other words: AIs are best at choosing answers. Humans are best at choosing questions. Human can respond to the AI’s answers, by asking deeper questions, picking and combining answers, and guiding the AI using human intuition. Augmenting human intelligence with AI - a mix of intuition and logic that surpasses either one alone. A Human+AI Centaur beats the solo human. But—amazingly—a Human+AI Centaur also beats the solo computer. Symbiosis is the “+” !

Or "Intelligence Argumentation". Understood. :blush:

Gauri03 likes this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

#TGIT #SuperIntelligence? :icon_pc:

Screenshot_2018-06-28-12-39-27-720_org.mozilla.firefox~01.png

:lol:

6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Screenshot_2018-06-27-06-29-47-062_org.mozilla.firefox~01.png

"Robotic Arm" got me curious... :innocent:

We see an object and we pick it. As simple as that. But robots need data and algorithms guiding that decision, "yes it is an object and I want to pick it".

Such AI backed robotic arms are currently being tested in Agro farms for harvesting fruits. Robots are trained to pick fruits based on size, ripeness data etc. Fruits blocked by leaves, branches, and shadows cause poor visibility and accessibility to the robots. Another design challenge is picking the fruits without squeezing too hard. With tests and trials, advancements are happening.

Smart machines (such as above) can navigate autonomously using GPS and pre-programmed maps. Built-in high-definition cameras locate the fruits and the machine recognizes ripened strawberries with sensors. AI helps with the grasping decisions and finally the robotic arm grabs the fruits. Job done well.

The machine will be able to pick a whole strawberry plant in just eight seconds, move to the next in 1.5 seconds and harvest 30 acres in one day. So far, robots are only able to find and pick 50% of ripe berries, while human laborers achieve 60-90%.

AI+Robotic technologies put together, machines are getting more smarter. A major breakthrough indeed, but the irony?

"One machine is capable of replacing up to 30 human pickers."

Sigh.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What will our future be?
    I wonder.

E-Bikes for rent.jpg

OR

Tesla - demo.jpg