Futurology

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Aug 20, 2016.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Rent-seeking behavior is a hallmark of turbo capitalism!
    Here's that other space "pioneer", from across the pond - Train operators pay £200m to shareholders after £4bn subsidy.
    Musk, much as I admire his adventurousness, plays the same game. Another report here.
    One simply defines things such that my government money is not a subsidy, but yours is! :lol:

Her are a couple of reports on crony capitalism / rent-seeking and corporate welfare.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    kaniths likes this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I understand. IT- Services are white collar jobs isn't? Trying to process, I have drafted my thoughts, I'm better with doodles than words. :relaxed: Attaching the same.

IMG_20170213_102220~02~01.jpg

This how its changing? If I'm right here, its safe to assume a creamy layer of high skilled white collared jobs are created within? :grazy:

(Factors I considered, to analyze how this AI revolution is different and difficult than the 60s 70s industrial revolution and how machines have been replacing or will replace us.
    1. Area of pyramid, during the industrial revolution and now / future.
    2. Population (then and now)
    3. Life expectancy (greater now, so more ppl working scenario or losing jobs.) )

Given that the current / future machines can learn, adapt and evolve on their own.... #AmSuperParanoidNow! :hollering:

Note: Just some random thoughts there, Modji remove the post if its irrelevant to the discussion. :relaxed:

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Very insightful doodle @kaniths ...amazing! Its uncanny u posted this as I just got out of my meeting with the QA manager to go over requirements/skill set needed for a test engineer.....as we both wrote down I realized how far we have come in less than a decade.....those were the skills needed for a senior developer at some point..today thats the entry level QA. We are coding away furiously[​IMG]

to make our own jobs redundant :)

PS: Please feel free to move this post to chit chat forum.

periamma, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Randomly, this is future too!! :laughing:

Screenshot_2017-02-17-07-38-24~01~01.png

And this comment... :tearsofjoy:

Screenshot_2017-02-16-22-25-10~01~01.png Hmmmm given the data and privacy scares, may work for the Paranoids I think or eventually everyone's phone too in future if bots have indeed taken over the world! :buenrollo:

I want one anyway, to go full #DigitalDetox (or just the WhatsApp!). Whatever. :wink1:

justanothergirl and Gauri03 like this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

(Nuni kilaiyila irunthuttu adi marathai vetrathu)sitting on the branch and cutting the Tree

justanothergirl likes this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Considering that they were damn near indestructible, and the charge lasted for months, I'd want one! It is the only phone that will survive the apocalypse. :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

What better way to word it Periamma, makes sense. :thumbsup:

8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

AI Apocalypse? 'Westworld' finale influence Modji? ;)
    Lol. Yeah I had prefer death by some machines than to be eaten up by walking dead zombies anytime! :laughing: Hey horror it is, to be! :relaxed:

Hm ayways.. Taking into account the latest headlines about ransomwares, trojons and what not destroying servers, taking data hostage and mostly through consumer wearables, also any other unknown security risks the Internet of Things may pose or is susceptible to themselves, guess going #minimal or #back2basics might save us after all but what an irony it will be if machines are to be the future! :D

9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Can I have one too..
    My dad has one ...more than 12-15 yrs old he himself doesnt remember when he bought it ...and is still the best phone he has. Blackberrys original model was built like a fort too.
    I had one something like this...hated their later models. Forced to give up as more and more corporates moved to Iphone,
    [​IMG]

Ah...but thats wishful thinking. Where are we headed ?
    I think its towards embedded phones inside the human body. As chips grow smaller and smaller.(.we r already building transistors at atomic scale...getting into the realm of quantum mechanics)...its easy to see why this is completely doable.
    An interesting read here .

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

More randomly... Blackberrys actually make up as a good case study for how they weren't prepared for the future or what happens when we aren't ready. Blackberry's then Head is still famously criticized for his comment about Apple Iphones first launch, that PC people cannot survive in mobile business for long and look what happened! This, experts say, is, 'Seeing but not Seeing'. Had they not neglected or undervalued the threats Apple Iphones posed with their new technology and better platform, probably not have become very ancient this soon, being a top market player only few years back. By the time they did realize and tried to catch up, the future was already in version 5.0 and well, Android has come into 'Play' too. So is the case I hear, with Nokia and Palm. #EpicFails

Now to troll, here is threat too! ;) #JustJoking!

bots00~02.jpg