Fuel price hike

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by vkrithika1, Jun 4, 2008.

1. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear all ,

Govt has announced the much awaited fuel price hike.

Petrol price hiked by 5 Rs
    diesel by 3 Rs

LPG hiked by 50Rs per cylinder.

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala,
    You will be provided with 8 cylinders for a year I heard. So herafter it is another job keep track of the cylinders we buy and use them as sparingly as possible.

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Only 8 cylinders?? What will happen to people with hugh families where they require more cylinders. Even with small families u need atleast 1 cylinder per month.
    Looks like we need to go to our ancestors time cooking food on coal..............
    Ya petrol prizes all over the world is hiked...........here to 50 piastres per litre that is Rs. 4

4. meetu2126

meetu2126 New IL'ite

This is really a critical topic to discuss, these price hikes are the biggest killers...and I don't what the hell these politicians are doing for the public welfare...they all are just fake...having fake promises every year..Witsend

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will address the nation on Wednesday night to explain the rationale behind hiking petrol and diesel prices by Rs 5 and Rs 3 a litre, respectively, in addition to an increase of Rs 50 per cylinder of cooking gas.

5. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

hi
    8 cylinders?????nice.lets learn to eat raw.

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

You can buy more than 8 cylinders on your gas card for an extra price. That is more than 8, pay more than 50 bucks is what is the rumour or maybe confirmed news now. This is like adding fuel to fire, right????????????

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

8 cylinders per year...is a decent figure for a family of 4-5 people cooking 3 meals a day.

For us we use 1 cylinder for about 40days family of 5 with ocassional guests.

Hike in fuel is indirectly going to hike prices of commodities. As such the middle income and below are feeling the pinch...now i don't know how they will survive.

This is also going to increase crimes, theft, robberies etc.

Atleast in Pune it is very obvious...the crime rate has gone up.

8. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies,
    I too came to know from Jaya news, that they will supply only 8 cylinders and if you want more than that, you have to pay double the cost.:eek:mg: Like she said, if it a big family what one can do? Or the Govt is recommending us to keep Nuclear family?RantRant

Here in Saudi, we are paying 45 Halala for 1lt petrol that is almost 4.50 to 5 in Indian rupee. and one gas cylinder is SR 14/= that is Saudi Riyal 14 = RS.150 /=

I think petrol is very costly in Dubai.

9. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI krishnaamaa

Petrol is cheap is dubai.. here its in gallons i dont know the exact calculation for gallons... but when i checked in the net approx the calculations comes to 1dhs (11rs) per ltr..... these calculations i collected from net...

but 4 yrs we are using car i dot think its costly here. coz full tank if we tell max we pay 50 dhs..

10. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ho,

Here in Saudi when we fillup the tank we pay 14 Saudi Riyals. In India, for that money 14 Riyals means around 150 rupees. we can put only 2.5 lt petrol.Witsend

There are different types in gallons US and UK.