1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Frustated with married life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by maya84, Apr 16, 2013.

1. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

HI friends,

I have a problem and need help..

My husband is a nice person by nature and is loved by everyone around. But due to some reason I'm finding it difficult to adjust with him. My husband cares less about me and my kid and he is least interested in romance. (Atleast his care for our kid has improved a bit after me frequently telling him). He does not find any time for me though he has enough time.. Initially I used to think that he married me without liking me , but later I realized that that is not the problem but it is his nature. He broke with his X-galfrd for the same reason...
    Whenever he finds some time ,he is infrond of laptop or on phone with his mom or friends..Somehow he takes me for granded and ignores me..I gets very frustrated and we fight very often on the same thing. When ever we fight , he says I understood what you are saying and I will change and all.. But he has been saying this for past 6.5yrs and nothing has changed. But he knows how to care his mom and I gets really surprised on that.
    He is not interested in taking me for any trips also..And most of our frds keeps telling him to take us somewhere.He says yes to that and that never happens..
    And whenever we fight over these things he says he loves me and our kid.
    His contribution towards household things are also really less and basically he is least interested. Even if there is some plumbing or electrical work at home, I need to manage these things..
    I'm at the peak of frustration and don't know what to do..
    But at the same time he is such a nice person at heart ,I dont feel like leaving him.

Please help with your advises to improve my life.

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I think such men are looking for a battery charger in their wives... as they themselves lack the ability to stirr someone..
    He probably knows how to care for his mom cos the mom knows how to ASK for it.
    Did you come from a home where all the work in home and plumbing and electric was done ONLY by your dad?.. if so then it might be a cultural shock for you but then such H are plain simple lazy to have anything PERFECT around them.

Why does ONLY he need to book tickets for vacation? Are you not working to buy.... or any saving... or add on card from which you can tell him... we're gng here... this weekend... any issues?

His X-GF had the opportunity to learn that HE can't charge her batteries... but guess you were not so lucky... so maybe now you learn the art of Charging.

3 people like this.
  3. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for you response.

What do you mean by art of charging ?

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

well,your hubby sounds like any guy.........but as you are aware of his shortcomings then better adjust with them & be happy.....u live in Banglore & really don't need your hubby to take you around.......go to Malls,parks temples ,movies with your kid.............plan & book tkts for Oaty & Mysore for small trips with your hubby.........
    lastly,he talks to his Mom as she does not complain ........Avoid complaining..........praise any small help given to you & Thank him a lot for small things(Hell ,I thank my hubby for going to a walk with me if I can't find anything else)

2 people like this.
  5. thashi

thashi New IL'ite

Maya,
    I have been in same situation even now. Its been 3 yrs since mywedding. My husband is also very good at heart but he s a mommy boy. My mil acts so good in front of all later yells at me using abuse words. My fil is a very calculative person and have made my H tosuch a state that he gives away all his salary to him and now my son is their with us and my H is not ready to take up the expense of my son. He want my mil only to pay the expense. He thinks I am cheating him.

my H does nt like my mom. I have a single parent and my H doesnt want me to look after my mom. I am also working right now inspite of tat he s not agreeing. So if I say anything abt my mil he starts off about my mom.

6. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Mahajanpragati for your advice . I will try to stop complaining and will start appreciating for small things. Let us see if that could make a change.

Dear thashi , During the initial 2-3 yrs of marriage I was also upset that my husband used to give more care and love for his parents than to me and we often used to fight over these things. But as years passed I had realization that men hate hearing complains about parents. So I started taking things with my in-laws lightly.. We cant change elderly ppl so just ignore the hurting things what they do and dont complain about that to your hubby... The more we complain about in-laws , our husbands will go more away from us. We love our own parents because we know how well they have taken care of us and even if they do something wrong we just forget it, Similarly we need to take the things with in-laws.Now I consider his love and care for his parents as one of his best quality and have adjusted to the fact that his parents are most important to him.

2 people like this.
  7. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

In our society many times boys are told to not to start ignoring mother when wife enters in life.Many time this is translated as not giving respect and attention to wife and keeping all focus on mom only.

In our home my dad do all cooking cleaning ,i wonder what kind of cultural shock i am going to get after marriage.

1 person likes this.
  8. SPatel2008

SPatel2008 Senior IL'ite

Agree to ShilpaMa...

why dont you take charge of going out. i think the main issue after marriage for women is they devoter their lives to husband and kids and then find themselves with no freedom or no time for own.

yeap, praising him for little things will work wonders but i also think you should take control of your own wishes. if you wish to go out... plan yourself. start mingling with friends and plan your ladies day out with kids or if he is happy to look after your kid.. .just go for ladies day out. this will give you a sense of freedom and fresh mind to look towards your relationship. plus if he looks after the kid himself... may be he'll understand what you go through whole day while looking after your child.

also, have you tried to find out what occupys his mind all the time... if he is on laptop or with friends... what is he looking for or talking? may be he is worried about something or wants to do something like doing business or progressing in career and if he is stressed.... he might not want you to get stressed and that's why he stays away from you.

2 people like this.
  9. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

Most of the time he would be checking news or details of some properties.

10. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Do you have freedom to appoint a maid? please learn to enjoy your own life alone.I dont think so you can change your huaband a lot in short frame of time.