fruits not to eat during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shirleynimal, Jun 19, 2011.

1. santha123

santha123 Junior IL'ite

Please check tis sapota s always recomended for pregnant ladies

chikoo during pregnancy

It is very good to eat chickoo (sapota) during pregnancy as it helps prevent morning sickness. Because of the electrolytes in it the nervous system functions are boosted, and it also helps give you a feeling of well-being.

It is highly recommended; this is because of sapodilla’s high nutrition content. Since the fruit is rich in Vitamin A, carbohydrates and energy, which is essential for pregnant and lactating mothers, it is often prescribed to help reduce weakness and symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea and dizziness. Sapodilla is also an anti-inflammatory agent; this means that it can be used to prevent enteritis, gastritis, and irritable bowel syndrome.

Other benefits
    It also helps promote collagen production and will help rejuvenate the skin; so chikoo is good at slowing the aging process of the skin and can help prevent the formation of deep wrinkles. Try some of the pulped fruit as a face mask. It has a high tannin content and so is useful in curing diarrhoea and dysentery. The antioxidant properties of sapodilla help lower the risk of breast and colon cancer. The fruit also has anti inflammatory properties so eases the pain caused by gastritis and Irritable bowel Syndrome (IBS).

1 person likes this.
  2. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Hi!

Here are the fruits that need to avoided during pregnancy -

1. Papaya - Especially unripe ones which are rich in latex and can trigger labour contractions. Also they generate heat and so is best avoided during the final trimester. Ripe papayas are however good. Also ripe papayas mixed with honey and milk help during lactation.

2. Pineapple - It contains bromelain which softens the cervix thus inducing labour. However, this is possible only if the pregnant lady drinks excessive pineapple juice. A few pieces cause no harm.But during the first trimester it is best avoided completely.

3. Grapes - Grapes generate a lot of heat and so is best avoided during the final trimester.

4. Juices from juice stalls - please avoid these at it may contain harmful bacteria like salmonella and e-coli.

5. Sugary fruits - In case if you are suffering from gestational diabetes then all those fruits which are very sweet tasting should be completely avoided. Amongst others these include mangoes, watermelons and litchis.

6. Coconut - It is advisable to drink coconut water of that coconut which comes without any of the white pulp.

Here are some more threads for you to read up regarding fruits during pregnancy. Do let me know in case of any queries.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy/71019-can-i-eat-green-grapes.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy/24890-grape-leaves-safe-during-pregnancy.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy/13080-bananas-while-pregnant.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pregnancy/85842-jackfruit-during-pregnancy.html

2 people like this.
  3. medhasrik

medhasrik New IL'ite

hello,

I was going through this post. I have a question in mind. Is it good to eat fruits like orange, mosambi, bananas, apples while in pregnancy or in the early stage of pregnancy?

Please help.

4. MrsNavaneeth

MrsNavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Pineapple and Papaya are always 'No No' during pregnancy and while TTC. Apple, Banana,Pomegranate,Orange,Avacado can be taken everyday..

5. jewel4u86

jewel4u86 Silver IL'ite

banana is to be taken only once a week as it is said that the baby gets stick to the ovary. so better to have it once a week.

6. ishvisahaani

ishvisahaani Senior IL'ite

Papaya & pineapple. Don't eat them in early pregnancy. These fruits packed with nutrition's, still both can cause miscarriage. I ate pineapple in moderate bcz it contains Bromelain which breaks down proteins and since when you conceived baby is made up of proteins, consuming bromelain can cause miscarriage and bleeding. You can check here or the benefits and risks Is It Safe To Eat Pineapple During Pregnancy?

7. druchita

druchita Silver IL'ite

here some of the foods that have to be avoided during pregnancy.

1. Don't eat spicy food
    2. Fish containing high levels of an industrial pollutant should be avoided.
    3. Caffeine consumption can put the pregnant woman to the risk of miscarriage and premature birth.
    4. Raw eggs should not be eaten during pregnancy, because they contain Salmonella, a bacteria that causes food borne illness.
    5. Consumption of alcoholic beverages causes host of health problems in the baby, including low body weight, learning disabilities, visual problems, deformed organs and other abnormalities.
    6.Avoid too much drinks like coffee, tea, and strict no to coca colas and other drinks with caffeine. Too much caffeine may affect the growth of baby during pregnancy and at birth.
    7.Avoid too much sugar and foods containing sugars.
    8.Nutmeg spice in large quantity to pregnant women may result in miscarriage.
    9.Avoid high-mercury sea-foods such as fish, especially Swordfish, Shark, King Mackerel(Surmai in Marathi) and Tilefish. Raw fish and seafood may contain Listeria, a bacteria that can cause food poisoning and miscarriage or premature birth.
    10.Avoid Papaya, Pine apple, Grapes during Pregnancy
    11.Avoid unwashed Raw Fruits and Vegetables during pregnancy

The most important advice for pregnant women is to avoid unwashed and unpasteurised vegetable and fruits during pregnancy.

1 person likes this.
  8. Chinnip

Chinnip New IL'ite

Wich fruit is best in carrying time

9. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

hi I read all the posts in this thread. when I was pregnant I used to had the same doubt I directly went to my gynecologist and asked the same.
    she laughed at me and said don't build up such type of myths that any of the fruits can cause any harm. every fruit have its own nutritional values and I think every baby should be in need of them. so eat every food.
    then I said many people say to avoid papaya fruit , she said in initial that is up to 3 months u better avoid she said to avoid papaya because it has more minerals and vitamins in it which produces heat when being digested so. after that u can eat. I you are worry about body heat please drink atleast 11 glasses of water every day.
    so please don't avoid any of the fruit . eat any of it and drink lots of water.
    have a healthy baby.

10. Devi321

Devi321 New IL'ite

Watermelon is safe in first trimister?