1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Fruit Flies!!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by deepa10, Jan 25, 2012.

1. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I did a terrible mistake last week. I went to my home town for 4 days and forgot to clean the dust bin before i left. Alas! When I returned back, my kitchen is full of fruit flies. I saw in youtube and have made a Trap to catch the flies.

Trap is made of a plastic cup covered by plastic paper. make some holes in the plastic paper. Inside the cup I kept a small piece of banana and few pomegranate seeds!! It was mentioned that fruit flies will get inside the trap and they will not know to get out. I have made that trap and kept inside my kitchen. I am in office still. Will go and see tonight whether my trap is successfull or not!! :bonk

Anyone else has faced this prob?? Can you give me some tips to get rid of this fruit flies??

2. kirthihema

kirthihema Bronze IL'ite

hi deepa,
    i too faced same problem and i followed same instructiond as said above and it worked out well

3. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Hi Kirthihema,

Thanks so much for your response. Can you please tell me who big the holes were in your plastic paper. Actually I made small holes in the morning and waited till noon, nothing went inside, so I made a little bigger hole and kept it inside my kitchen..