1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Fruit flies:Help

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Nitha J, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends:help
    My house is under attack from fruit flies. It is swarming all over the place. I dont know what J did to trigger it, when I was in India. I have cleaned the place, covered the food items, still the fruit fly population is geometrically increasing.
    Pls. give ideas how to get rid of them:eek. It is so yacckkyyyyyyyyyy...
    -Nitha

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Moderator;
    I just saw same discussions in another forum. But I couldn't get a feasible solution. Hence this post.
    -Nitha

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Nitha,

I guess its the Season overall which has been favourable for all these fruit flies . I had also the same similar compliant and got to hear it from so many friends.

As usual i searched the Internet, But couldn't get any valid remedy. I tried cleaning my counter top with mild bleach solution to lighting of an Agarbathi over the fridge.... but they are quite stubborn to deal with.

Lets see for some more help from IL's

vaidehi

4. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I too had this problem.But it wont go that easily:rant. At least for 1 week or so, I had to use febreze, scented wick and allow as much sun/air possible. Also, I removed garbage bags twice in a day.