1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

From Useless to Useful

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tanoshri,

Yes we do take favours from family and friends, and we should pay back too. But to give, there must be someone to take too. Someone once said money is useless if there are no takers for it.Same with favours if we may call it that.

But when it nbrings u name, and credit and a good feeling at the end of the day, along with the other person appreciating what u have domne, what more can u ask for Tano ?

Regads

kamal

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Loved your blog. It is a rare instance in today's age and era to see brothers and sisters with their families living togehter in close proximity in complete harmony, and being trustful of each other. All I can say Kamalji, is "touch wood", Kisi ki Nazar na lage.

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Good post. Nice that your brother is nearby. You are also a helpful person.

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Aww Kamalji!
    That was so gallant of you to give credit to your brother and sister-in-law. Putting them before you shows your class.
    Does it matter what you were before? What matters is how you bounced back to your original level and more.
    Yet you never forgot the help you received. There is great Tamil philosopher, Tiruvalluvar (you may know about him - he is the bet philosopher in my opinion giving gems intwo short sentences) - who said there is no greater sin than those who forget those who helped you. You are a example of how to live like a tru gentleman Kamalji.

A warm, heart touching post ji.

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Yes it is rare to find brothers close to each other and to their moms, nazar na lage sachi.

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,

Dear Raji,

thanks.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Krish,

do u know i have nevrer read any holy book, like the Mahabharata, Ramayan or Geeta, i have read just one, guess what ? Kural, and u know why ? His sayings used to come in the sacred space of Times of India, and i was fascinated by the sayings.

i asked the bookshops here, and no one had heard of kural, till i chanced upon the internet and lo there was the goldmine, of 1300 verses of the great saint. i downloaded, make copies, bound them and gave out to a dozen friends, but they all sold it to the butcher shop.

they are so good, and so practical for even today's times, i am surprised this saint was before christ, and he was so enlighened so as to advise the kings too, as well as us.

i read it evrery week, and i see so many peoipkle in it.HAHA

Regards

kamal

8. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kamal Sir,
    Superb:thumbsup :cheers
    I liked ur Thread`s subject "From Useless to Useful"

Most importantly, I like the definition about the arranged marriage.

"Arranged marriage is a funny concept. Before marriage u are asked not to speak to strangers, after marriage u are asked to sleep with one !!!" Thanks for sharin ur personal.
    :2thumbsup:

9. goodluk

goodluk New IL'ite

oh kamal ji... jus i read ur post.... your still useful to others that's y still your in this earth! god is always with u to lift you up.......... happy day..

10. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

//Somebody up there likes me eh !//Thats so sweet line Kamalji.

When I started reading your blogs I used to think how come he can write so much yet so simple on day to day affairs. Every time your post was some unusual & was not repetitive on one topic.I agree blogging is a form of stress buster too.I opted posting in snippets & I had a nice reading different views for my post & for others too.//In fact they have done me a favour, and not me.//The way you see life is also stunning me.Great going Kamalji.