From room of interest to work from home. Plz guide :-)

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by WonderWorld, Jan 30, 2012.

1. WonderWorld

WonderWorld New IL'ite

I had been a silent reader of this site for may of its forums like parenting, work from home, married life and others. Simply love this anad found this site to be much more reliable than other similar ones. Now, for me... I am a married woman blessed with a supportive husband....a kind of not much interfring in laws...and a lovely daughter in UKG. My husband is a professional and since DD is born, I have been helping him in his work FROM HOME. But have always wanted to do something of my own. Ours is a middle class family with a decent lifestyle and DD attending one of the finest schools. DH is the only earning member and I am just a help to him. I wish to begin some small business from home..not the content writing thing..thats mostly what I have been finding all over the net:-( AT this moment, we cannot afford to invest to buy a shop..SHOP!! I wish to begin with stuff like jwellery, accessories, stuff for females of all ages...cos thats one industry that I feel is never gonna fall too much and with increasing responsibilities, inflation and competition in DH's service industry...and being my room of interest..thats what I wish to begin. SO I am here for suggestions.

I planned to slowly start collecting stuff..like keep aside some amount monthly just for this...say 2K for the start and whenever..wherever I find good stuff reasonable...I but it and store...bcos we won't be able to invest in one go. I do not see anywhere in near future that we be able to purchase a shop...and going on rent is not advisable until n unless I have some fixed income. Ladies plz pour in your suggestions -

1.what all stuff can be kept in the collection? I have already started getting some, like some artificial jwellery pieces...handbags..kids hair accessories... NOT costly stuff for the start.
    2.The main concern - How do I spread a word and bring some footfall orders..I shall be having all stuff at home..cannot display openly anywhere..spreading a word is all I can do.
    3.I have never been a KITTY PARTY kind of lady :-( and here I go at loss...I do not have a circle as such till yet.

I see forward to begin slow and hope to get somewhere from home itself in may be next 2 years. Is that possible? Plz advise.

Thanks.

2. rekbal

rekbal Silver IL'ite

try posting ads with the description of wat you are doing and post it in classifieds websites....

3. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    i appreciate ur interest.if u have joined in my business u dont need to spend money.your interest is like mine,my DH is earning decent money,i would like to do some extra income for my family but permanent income without risk.so only im telleng you about my business.joining is free,you can do it in your native place,or where ever u go.we can contact by phone.
    reply to this post i will private message you in details about me and my business.

thanks
    nila.

4. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

hi Wonderworld,

sorry,in above post i forget to tell u onething.you can do your business.if you joined in mine it wont affect your business.by GODs grace whatever business you would like to do,you will get success.

thanks,
    nila.

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

If you are really serious than you can apply for a small loan from any bank to begin your home business.
    Storing things to sell later will make them old fashioned and they also look old.
    Better to collect money and then buy stuff in one go , you can also get a discount on large orders.
    What are you planning to sell ?

6. WonderWorld

WonderWorld New IL'ite

Thanks friends for all your suggestions..@nila I would love to know about your work ..Any work can just click :) As for the loan part..that won't be possible for other reasons..I wont mention those as it would take my thread off track :)...I have been thinking of items for college girls and ladies and some household or quick pick gift items...for eg -
    suit lengths
    kurtas
    tops
    scarves
    accessories
    artificial jwelleries
    handbags
    bedsheets
    towels
    some different type of shoowpieces...
    I had a thought in mind that if someone drops to a house...and you need a quick and reasonable gift or just something for a small shopping pleasure or a li'll gift to a near one..then thats what I would wish to carry with myself bcos I always look for such stores..which have selected but good items...
    We are earning a decent income, though not lavish...but I just dont want to sit idle and wish to begin with something that over a few years might give me a kick start and till then DD would also get independent to look after her regular requirements..SUpervision is all that she would need.
    So, spreading a word is whats needed at this moment and then the doubts..I think I should have some stuff before spreading a word..in case someone wishes to come and see. Right now, I will have to store everything in my home..so, here I again come upw ith the same questions -
    How to spread that word...thats the toughest part for me...
    How can I show the li'll stuff, that I intend to start collecting, to any ladies...