1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

From Plain Ponytail To (hopefully) Gorgeous Curls

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Gregoria, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Gregoria

Gregoria New IL'ite

I have a straight boring hair that I just usually tie in a ponytail. But now that my social life levels up (meaning more parties, night outs, and gatherings), I think it is high time for me to have more than just a comb and rubber bands to stylize my hair. Would buying a high-end curling iron like one of these really be worth it? I borrowed a cheap curling iron from a friend and it made nice curls though it did not last for 2 hours. I read from here that cheap drugstore brands are not at par to expensive curling irons. What is with expensive curling iron that causes the curls to stay longer than those low-cost ones?

2. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

My hair is dead straight but short and I have a Karmin Salon Series hair straightener to curl my hair and I watched this: How to Curl Your Hair with a Straightener and How to Get Your Hair to Hold a Curl
    It takes practise, but get a professional standard straightener similar to mine. I use Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil applied to damp hair and then I leave my hair to air dry before I start curling it, this acts as a great heat protectant. Have fun.

3. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with OP, you need practice to curl your hair with Straightener you would get the same result as with a curler. Also do check on youtube for heatless curling you might like.

4. ashsummer

ashsummer Junior IL'ite

My hair is like just on photo, slightly curly