1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friendship Ended Because Of Kid

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Subhaganesh, May 17, 2017.

1. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

Myself and my neighbor are good friendship..I have 2 kids she has one..daily we meet so that our kids can play..we also shared a beautiful friendship... my daughter used to "stammer"(thikku vai) which started at 5 years because of my dd close friend has that.. now my neighbour mentioned in a talk, that her son imitating like daughter and she scolded him not to talk like that.. my dd listened this conversation and it affected her mind..in fact dd mentioned this to her dad too.. so eventually I started to cut the relationship with neighbor..she realized that and started to discuss with me when I mentioned this, that as a parent it was hurting to hear and it affected my dd also like that, she got angry and started to blast me "so , you and your husband won't fight in front of ur dd" I said no ... conversation extended it ended not talking each other.. please tell me anywhere I was wrong?

maddysweet likes this.

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

you were not wrong at all

Subhaganesh and sindmani like this.
  3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

There is nothing wrong in doing what you did. You made a decision to limit your relationship with your neighbor because her words has affected your daughter. You have your priorities right.

4. Lithika

Lithika Bronze IL'ite

In my point of view there s nthg wrong in wat u have done...there s no need to feel guilty abt it as everyone priority is der family....Even if u continue d relationship it may affect your DD one r d other day....ppl should understand what should be spoken in front of children ....Stay happy :thumbup:

5. maddysweet

maddysweet Silver IL'ite

You did right, dont worry.
    she is not your best friend for many years, just a neighbour . you can make lot of friends.
    your kid and self confidence is priority.

Subhaganesh and Sunshine04 like this.
  6. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

Yes I was shocked when she never felt guilty that it affected my dd instead she started blasting on me.... she told me just by talk she told not to hurt you and tells me that my imaginations are very high... and scolding me that as if you are very good parent, don't you ever fight or argue with your husband in front of ur dd like tha

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  7. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

What has you both fighting got to do in this?

She openly put down your dd by asking her don not to imitate your dd.

Its more about feeling put down for your dd than about fighting in front of her.

Hoping that iam understanding is right.

sindmani, Subhaganesh and Sunshine04 like this.
  8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

yes.all parents fight with each other.but putting down kid is totally wrong

sindmani and Subhaganesh like this.
  9. prestine

prestine Silver IL'ite

Hi Subha, protecting your kid is the priority.

What if the neighbors kid imitates your dd, and others take it as making fun of her or bullying? Any mother would stand against bullying.

My dd , a 6 old loves to copy everyone, she imitates to talk like a 4 year old ,and I ask her 'are you copying '.

Don't make your dd to feel this as a big problem. Tell her that's okay. Give her the confidence.

10. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, you have every right to protect your kid.

But many kids do this way. It is not for hurting anyone. They find it interesting and do it. I am not supporting it anyway.Many kids imitate grown ups, teachers, anyone they find interesting including celebrities. Simply saying it can happen in future too.

Your daughter may or may not face these kind of situations again. So you need to give her confidence and teach her to neglect it instead making it a big event. Just tell her silly people do this way, not good one. So just neglect/ignore them. She is smart and she can do it. Teach her to be less sensitive to these kind of unnecessary disturbances and face life with confidence.

Running away from the problem is not a solution. Face it and gain confidence.

"my neighbour mentioned in a talk, that her son imitating like daughter and she scolded him not to talk like that.."

Your neighbor thought his son did a mistake and tried to correct her son. She admitted it to you. Isn't that Ok for you. May be that is why she is not able understand why you are neglecting her even though she tried to correct her sons behavior.

Unfortunately you dd heard it and she felt bad. Your friend didn't try to intentionally hurt dd. You should have told your neighbor that your dd felt bad, so let us not talk about this topic in future. You also dont like this topic as it make you sad ..(some thing like that)

I am not sure you like it or not , but I feel that you should not make it as a reason to cut friendship with her if you think she is good in other aspects. Anyone can mistakes.

Anyway it is up to you.

Last edited: May 18, 2017