1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friend

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 26, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

A friend is someone who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself

We all need that one person in our lives who we can tell everything to and trust with our lives. Otherwise life becomes so lonely and painful.

We all want someone to be with us to confide in and be able to tell everything at any time. This we can find in a good friend who will always be with us and help us to solve our problems and never hurt us. Some friends we grow up with and some we meet later in life.

To our close friend we can share all our worries. This will enable us to keep the friendship going which will last till the end. It is easy to believe someone when they tell you exactly what you want to hear. We may hide our pains but we cant lie to the people who really care for us the most. They know us well and can understand our pains.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. = Unknown

A true friend gives a love that is true, a love without conditions, and a love that never falters. A true friend can do this because they know that because they are a true friend to you, you will be a true friend to them! Many times this is a notion that is left unsaid, but it is a notion that is understood in all great friendships.- unknown

Love conquers all.

When we are angry in any sitution instead of acting like an angry person if we show our love we are choosing to be a great person and we can also show others even in tough times we are able to smile

Friends know what you want them to know about you
    Best friends know what you dont even know about yourself
    And true friends help you to build yourself from all they know
    Let go of those who bring you down and surround yourself
    with those who bring out the best in you.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

:clap2::clap2: Nice snippet on friendship.
    So true. We should keep remembering this..

Thyagarajan, Amulet and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

"A friend is someone whom you had failed to seduce"
    ---Anon.
    I tried my best to censor my thought, and then I felt, it is so hot and humid that my brain is so fried already, without having to deal with such things. So it became the truth-out time !!

Is it true that boys hide out during the Raksha bandan day so that they don't get "tagged" (i.e., wrist-banded) by girls they fancy ?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Anusha2917, iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Yes. Very much true..
    My bestie in school was fancied by this guy who was the son of a minister. This girl who is a 1st rank student was not interested in the guy who had money but never studied. Full filmi isstyle...

Come Raksha bandhan we friends used to circle him and make this bestie tie a rakhi. One such time he was so stubborn he did not agree and ran from the circle of girls and we girls kept chasing him until all attacked him from all sides, held his hand and then bestie tied the Rakhi.

Ah.. Those school days.
    I'm back to Nostalgia. :hearteyecat::grinning:
    And thank you Amulet for taking me back to those days.

iyerviji, Amulet and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Such an interesting story !! There is nothing so emasculating for a young man than to have a whole bunch of girls chase him down, and totally declare that not a single one of them would ..... ahem... would...even if they got the chance to.
    Sad for the boy.... happy for the girls.:grinning:

iyerviji, Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

The concluding stanza is icing on the cake. It classified or categorised friends. One got to exercise care to select the best who can become bosom friend.
    Thanks and Regards

iyerviji likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks bro