1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friend Or Acquaintance

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Sapna56, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

hi all
    There’s was a neighbour of mine in my old apartment. I knew her from my another neighbor. I was friends with both of these for very short duration. Later on I got busy with my new born. And these girls got new friends as neighbors and they kind of forgot me. Later on we used to talk on and off. N kind of got distant.
    Now this neighbour also moved to same place where I shifted. She didn’t even let me know when we was moving. Later on she messaged me asking for some help. I ignored past and started new with her. I invited her for some event at my home. Now I was expecting some initiative from her side. She forgot. And we lost touch for months together. Now after months she again tries to reach me. I am sure it might be some help again.
    I am little confused how to respond. Should I respond positively. I have always experienced in my life that people remembered me when they needed something from me. Also from my past experience we had lot of problems in old apt. Gossips and fights. So I don’t wana get too close with her again. Thinking that I don’t wana repeat my past mistakes.
    Please lemme know if I am going in right direction.

2. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

IT depends on what you actually want to do, dear.

If you really feel like helping then go ahead. Nothing can stop you from that and you can become that ideal bahu of Tv soaps. Just kidding, nothing offensive :smile:
    If you want to show a little revenge and ignore her msg too, nothing wrong in that.

What about asking her casually., " where have you been all this while, do you need something that you are suddenly trying to reach me" ??? o_O

nakshatra1 and NeetaR like this.
  3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Simply cite reasons you're busy.
    Give her subtle hints, ' you tend to remember only in need'..help occasionally.
    Ask yourself if she would reciprocate the same.
    I have been fooled, by neighbors and aquitances.. I slowly cut them, thinking if they would go head over heels to help me?
    Answer was always NO.
    I'm lot comfortable now, only hi-bye

Sapna56 likes this.