1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Frequent Bleeding From My Lo Nose

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sapna56, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

Hello all
    Since few months, I am noticing that my sons nose bleeds often.
    He is 25 months old. The first time it bleed was around 5 months ago. We immediately took him to see a doctor. Doctor said its very common in kids. Only see a doctor if it doesn't stop after 10 minutes. Its coz some vein may be bursting due to some reasons like cold and others i don't really remember.
    His nose mostly bleeds early morning that makes him wake up from sleep. And like the doctor said it only bleeds for 2-3 minutes and it stops.
    Also i have observed that if i have give him tylenol or if the weather is hot, his chances of bleeding are more.
    The first time he bleed, we visited two doctors to take second opinion and they both said same thing that its pretty normal and only get him if it doesn't stop for 10 minutes.
    But his frequent bleeds makes me worry. Also one of my close friends was telling me about a colleague in his DH office. The colleague had toddler twins and one of the twins died. When me and DH asked the reason they said that he used to have frequent nose bleeds.
    This makes me more scared and worried when i see my son bleed.
    Please help.

2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Nose bleeds are a common side effect of dehydration.U dont have to be scared but its important to make sure he has plenty of fluids through out the day... up until an hour or so before he goes to sleep. This should reduce the number of occurances. As soon as u see the nose bleeding wipe it off and give him a tall glass of water to drink.

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

My cousin used to get bleeding during summer and I have seen my grandma applying coconut oil on my cousin's head saying it will cure his bleeding & it did stop. Check if this works.

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

my 3 yr old nose bleeds often. Blood will not trickle but I red spots near edges. I see it around summers and winters as my H cranks up heater v high. it has to do with heat and humidity. first time we also rushed to doc and I think its normal . doc suggested vaseline rub.
    My kid used to drink lot of water but now at school her intake is v less.
    How much blood your kid shows OP?