1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Freezed Dahi

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Saswati127, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

It was hot summer, and oneday soon after my marriage I was very kneen to make dahi (yohurt) at home. But as usual, being a complete illiterate about kitchen affairs, rushed at my friend’s house Alka, to learn it.
    I told her, “Alka would you please teach me how to make dahi at home”. The moment she heard this, she was stunned and looked at me with wide eyes and mouth open, she said, “You don’t know to make dahi, how come”, I was ashamed of myself, but insisted her to teach me. She told me the technique to prepare it and for the last step she said that “leave the bowl to set” and, there was the goof up. I returned home and soon became busy in preparing the dahi. I prepared it within 10 minutes and left it to set. Now after 5-6 hours, I returned to see whether my dahi was done or not, I was surprised and soon called up Alaka and said, “Alka my dahi has become hard like the ice cube, what might have gone wrong,” She asked me where did you leave the bowl to set. I replied her, “In the freezer”. She started to laugh and her laugh did not stop. I was confused and began to ponder where I had made the mistake and kept the phone. Later, she called me up and said that to “leave the bowl to set” she meant to keep it outside and not on the fridge. After hearing this even I started to laugh and from the next time onwards I began to make good quality of dahi, but yes this time I had left it outside to set and not on the freezer.

2. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Nice one Saswati !!!:thumbsup But I guess, after the "setting " is done, you can keep dahi in a earthen pot in the fridge {not in the freezer thiough} -it does not become hard after that-isn't it ?

Regards,
    "HAPPY"

3. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Yes happy, but in my case after preparing it I had straight away put it in the freezer. So, it became like ice.

4. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

yesterday itself I read about an incident....and it has to be told here
    In USA there is an institute which uses a chicken in a gun to test the windshields of the aeroplanes, on request they gave it to an agency in UK to test the windshields of the cars. The chicken used in the gun broke the windshield, & the inside of the car as well. It was reported back, and an investigation was held.
    The result was USE A THAWED CHICKEN....:rotflHAHA

5. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

6. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

hahahah that was a nice one Saswati. Glad that you mastered the technique now and can make good quality dahi.
    Cheers,
    Premsudha

7. narmee_r

narmee_r Senior IL'ite

good one. i thought after the dahi is set. but this is a real humour. thanks for sharing to laugh. sorry..... everyone will laugh even u......... hahahahaa......

8. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot narmee.