1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Free Advises

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Ishu86, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Ishu86

Ishu86 New IL'ite

Am so fed up of my MILS free advises,, for each and everything she always wants me to tell "ok ma ,s ma". She doesnt want me to share my views even. And when my friends comes to my place she gives advises for them too. She always gives me advises regarding how to bring up my daughter how to feed her.... Am here in US all alone with my husband and my daughter for 3 years and wont i knw? Am not a kid. am educated i was working i have some wordly knowledge. I strongly believe that only through experiences people learn and not from advises. And she always wants to talk abt my mom and her health issues. I hate it. But u all knw that we can never express or talk to them about this if we talk we will be the culprit. And she always compares me with her daughter. Am taking good care of them i listen to her all the time but y she wants to do this to me?

2. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Have any one had the idea of leading independent life away from in laws for genuine reasons? If so let me know please.. Even my DH knows they are bad and we will not be happy with their presence he is not ready to come out. He is very strong in taking care of them. I am not against his thought since it is the duty of a son to take care of their parents. But why doesn't his siblings have this same thought and take care of them. I will be left all alone if i am with my in laws and I am sure my life will not be happy. Please give me suggestions if i can protest my husband to come out from them for some years? I am sure I will take care of them but i need some time to make my mind.

Regards,
    Priya

3. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Its afterall our life and we are going to live it only once.. Why are compromising it?

4. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

Ishu86, your MIL certainly deriving a sadistic pleasure from talking about ur mom's health issues and comparing u to her daughter..all u hav to do is IGNORE. do not respond to her advises. dont even say a word or mumble a letter of acceptance even if its on the phone.. or if she is at ur place u can start playing and talking with ur baby in a loud voice exactly when ur mil starts advising u... if she complains that u r not even responding her u can say sorry, (thr was a problem on phone line)...or i was concentrating in my work. u can tell ur hubby the same if he qtns about it.