Frankfurt Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by Induslady, Jul 10, 2005.

1. mittalruchi

mittalruchi New IL'ite

Hi Sudha

So nice of you to write to me...

well i was thinking nobody has replied and hence posted my intro again...
    Well its just couple of months here.....so far so good...I have started learning german...

Wow...u r here for past 8 years!!!! You might be speaking german fluently!!!!

Tell me something abt yourself..

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Ruchi,

My german is okay since i dont really get to speak . With Indians we do it in english. So from which part do you come from in india? i have posted about myself a little above on page 1. I dont feel like typing all over again. Just look at the weather today, so dull and boring. Is this Weinstrasse near heidelberg? Darmstadt is not far away then na?
    Send me your tel number by private mssg, or i will, then we can chat more.
    Bis dann,...........

3. mittalruchi

mittalruchi New IL'ite

Hi Sudha

Its the same here...Have learned a little bit but do no get to speak a lot. Although I have made some local friends here.....german ladies but most of them know english and hence we end up speaking in English.

Ya...its quite close to Heidelberg....and about 80 Kms from Darmstadt.

Well....I belong to North of India...Delhi but have hardly spent any time there. Some part of my life in a city close to Jamshedpur in East of India and then in Nagpur and then in Mumbai for past almost 10 years. I was working in India but had to chuck off and move to this place since my hubby got transferred. He works with BASF in Ludwigshafen!!

Yeah...its such a bad weather today....continously pouring!!!!

Well are there and indian temples you know of in Darmstadt or Frankfurt or in this area??

4. Gunjan Grover

Gunjan Grover New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am Gunjan Grover, currently in Gurgaon, India but required to move to Frankfurt, Germany due to official work for around 4 months.

But i am quite worried as i m going out of inida for very first time, So can you please help me out by telling bit about Franfurt and about culture n enviornment there n is it safe for single girls out there?

Thanks in advance

5. sudhavnarasimhan

Dear Gunjan,

welcome to Frankfurt. it is quite safe for single girls , so don't worry. there are quite a few girls in IT and in university. they are faring well. Have you already got an accommodation? The weather now is a bit cold, but it will get better soon. It is already bright and sunny. If you want i can give you my tel number by private message.....so u can get in touch when u arrive . I live about 30 mts away from Frankfurt, but i do have friends there.

All the best!

6. Gunjan Grover

Gunjan Grover New IL'ite

Thanks Sudha,

I am getting accomdation from office only, so no worries about accomdation but as I am vegetarian, will i be getting indian stuff easily there? And more over i m supposed to travel in april so what kind of climate i can expect then?

7. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hallo All,

I live in USA. My husband is travelling to Dramstadt Germany and he is going to be there for training. He is a pure vegetarian does not even eat egg, can somebody let me know if there are any Indian restaurants nearby and can find some veggie food. It will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

-Vidya

8. sudhavnarasimhan

Hi ,
    just saw ur post in my email....i live in darmstadt. There is no problem , a couple of paki restaurants who call themselves indian are there
    and some indian rotis will be available alsoin shops which sell indian spices...... And in an asian shop a lot of these precooked foods are also available.
    if u need will send addresses thru private message. When is he travelling?

9. mittalruchi

mittalruchi New IL'ite

Hi Sudha
    How are you doing...Not in touch for a long time now....

Its been a month that I logged in Indus ladies....Its been really bad last couple of weeks....first my hsband was not well and then I fell sick....almost three weeks now....
    But all fine at the moment and I am back again...

It was great meeting you guys that day at your place. It was lovely...
    Stay in touch.

10. mittalruchi

mittalruchi New IL'ite

Sudha,
    I sent an email to you on the address mentioned on your business card, details of the contact person for Roshni.
    Hope you have got it....

Please let me know...otherwise I send it again...