Forum of the Month - November 2011 – Working Women

Discussion in 'Forum of the Month - Popular thread Contest' started by IL_Admin, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gayathrisu

gayathrisu New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I have been working since I graduated from college and have been so until now...the only difference the marriage and family now. I was working as a lecturer in an engineering college for 2 years before marriage. It was quite a challenging job, yet cool for women people say. I enjoyed being a lecturer, students around me asking different kinds of doubts, enjoyed taking lectures, etc. but one thing was in my mind...how long will such career last for me...I got married...still I continued my job until I conceived. My college where I worked did not have elevators and so going to 3 or 4th floor was too risky for me. I immediately left the job. I stayed back at home until my son was a year old.

One fine day, I was reading through the newspaper, and...wow...there came an opportunity to work as a medical transcriptionist at a leading company. My husband and mother-in-law were equally supportive and showed me a green flag. My MIL assured to take care of my baby though I was a little concerned. I had to choose career this time. It was then that I started Medical Transcription. After a year, the company was ready to give me an option of home transcription which I readily accepted. Now, for the past 4 years, I have been working here as a HT. I am really happy that I am able to help my MIL in household chores as well as my son in his school activities and keep myself engaged and be financially independent.

Some of my friend colleagues too opted for HT after I left and are in contact. From when I took HT, it has been an up-climb only with regard to career and my family ties have also grown stronger as they now try to understand what kind of job I am doing.

My son keeps telling me "Mom, finish up ur job fast, so we can go out." and this gets my mind schedule and organize things for the week. My husband does his share of chores now, laundering clothes on machine, buying veggies, etc. FIL also does his share whatever he can. Overall, my family has evolved into a very understanding and comfortable family through the course.

I pray the Almighty that my sweet family gets sweeter on the days to come and let we build a stronger bond on all walks of life.

Friends...without money, one can't survive, but money can't buy everything. Working women these days are stuck to a fixed idea that more money means more comfort, but I think there r things beyond that. You cannot express your love to your child just giving chocolates or teddy bears.

With technology, things have changed. You can work from home, be part of the work culture, be part of the family also. So, be with the kids for their school and home activities, telling how they r the best kids u have ever known, just u being there will give them comfort and confidence...

Finally, I would say wise working women will definitely take cooler jobs and handle both areas comfortably.

2. theladyhospital

theladyhospital New IL'ite

they have a lot of patient and they maintain both house hold work and office work in simple manner hat off for women

3. nellore

nellore New IL'ite

it is grate to understand contents of life

4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Gayatrisu,

Though this is not the place to post your entry and not a place to put a comment for that,I cannot resist myself..Your write up is really thought provoking especially the last few paragraphs..

Yes money cannot buy everything..!!thanks for sharing your life story and the way you are making your days so sweet..Keep going gal..My best wishes to you..

And I appreciate you for your deep understanding on balancing various aspects of life!!

Moving to another part,you/me are supposed to post this in the forum Working Women

5. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Congratulation to all the IL-ites who took part in this contest.

The Lucky winner of.......

The Popular Thread Contest in Working Women Forum is.......

Anukarsha

Congratulations Anukarsha !!​

Please find her entry here:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/working-women/150434-success-mantra-for-working-women.html

Thank you for your active participation and starting a motivational discussion in Working Women Forum. Balancing Family-Work is a complex issue and you have summed it well. Great Mantras to all the working women on how to balance work and Family !

Special Gift sponsored by Craftsia.com for winning the contest:

Mastane Mug Coasters

Coaster.JPG

Note: Your coupon code to purchase the gift from Craftsia coupons will be private messaged (By IL_Admin) shortly.

Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Anu :) You deserve it dear..Good bless you with loads and loads of energy :)

1 person likes this.
  7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear IL_Admin for your support.Cheers-Anu:)

8. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks Dear Spuppala for your wishes.

9. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

Congrats anukarsha

your success mantra is a great success :)

10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much dear Lakshmi for your wishes.

I could achieve this with wishes and support from all my IL friends. I'll be glad to help my IL friends in whatever way I can.

Thanks so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.