1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Formal wear for working ladies.....suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Niviadaswani, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Niviadaswani

Niviadaswani Silver IL'ite

Hey every one!!!!

I wanted to know if somebody can help me out with formal (Indian) clothing.. Suggestions please... Please let me know the styles elegant as well as formal... Mainly in cotton.. and yeah if anybody can suggest me some good shopping places in Ahmedabad for the same...... i am bit on a higher side(with respect to Weight)..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014

2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Re: working ladies.....

Saree is always elegant and would suit a formal occasion too giving you a dignified profile.

2 people like this.
  3. mitali123

mitali123 Bronze IL'ite

Re: working ladies.....

Sarees with decent blouses works best. Should be worn in a decent manner with light (non designer) jwellery and basic makeup:)

4. alishasuneja

alishasuneja New IL'ite

I will suggest you to go with Kurti with legging. You can wear this combination in office as well as in parties. Kurti and legging is my favorite combination and it is comfortable too.

5. meghna10

meghna10 Senior IL'ite

1. Sarees look elegant, do wear it atleast once in a week or 10 days, if you are able to carry that off well. Would certainly give you that much desired formal "Corporate Lady" look.

2. Cotton Suits, Cotton tops / kurti with leggings are an instant hot and in vogue with almost everyone today, so much that even 50+ aunties have started wearing leggings!! :D Jokes apart, it is an indispensable part of your wardrobe. Care should be taken that the colours are sober and not too gaudy which is not acceptable in office.

3. Since you are on heavier side, trousers / skirts with shirts are out for you sadly :( . Still if you want, you may try at home first, take opinion from your family members / friends and then decide whether to go ahead or not.

6. Nikita009

Nikita009 New IL'ite

7. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

If u want only india, i suggest kurti n legging, mix and match from shoppers stop, best place to buy!!

8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

I like the semi-casual collection in Westside too, mostly in cottons and good for office wear.

9. AnithaAnand18

AnithaAnand18 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Kurtis with leggings will give you formal elegant look.You can shop it in shoppers stop,pantaloons and Max.Even you go with Mix and Match in Big Bazzar

nakshatra1 likes this.
  10. nancybadriya

nancybadriya New IL'ite

travelling part sarees are not comfortable you can go ahead with salwar kameez or kurthi this is will be good for working environment if official functions means it is nice but every day you cant go ahead with saree.