1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forgotten Virtues

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by greenplanet, Jan 17, 2010.

1. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Since the advent of newer technologies including television and the internet the world has become not only a small place but also the lives of people have dramatically changed. Now it is the age of speed and nobody seems to have time for anything. “How time flies “ is a common used expression. All this is okay as long as good old virtues are maintained and protected. Alas, this does not seem to be so . Today people ,in general , are just not ready to wait for anything…thus rushing towards an era where people will just have no patience. Also nobody is ready to forgive and pardon. Blame game and revenge , hatred etc are penetrating peoples mind. I think in a few years from now these two virtues will be a thing of the past. This small poem below will then become very apt:

An ode in memory of forgotten virtues

Remember a virtue called patience
    Which epitomized a man’s tolerance
    Towards society and his fellow beings
    Making a mark of his endurance

It made him show good sense
    And allayed many dissent
    For him it was much more than pride
    As it brought him unity and agreement

Do you recall the times man did forgive
    And pardon those who had offended
    It had brought him peace and calm
    To leave those hearts contented

He then had the courtesy to let go
    And not take up thought of revenge
    Life had many more meanings to it
    Than just take an avenge

[​IMG]:wave:

2. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

An apt poem at the time of need, thatz wat I feel..

Patience!!! Thatz the word I could not conquer till date. May be I can blame my genes!! I am always in a hurry!! If someone is walking towards me, I cannot wait till they come and join me, will start walking towards them. In my college days, my friends used to call me "minnal" coz of my quickness. I am keeping on reminding me that "Haste makes waste" and "slow and steady wins th race", but still long way to go... :-(