Forcing Situations Make People Rough. An Advice To People Who Are Trying To Conceive..

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sweety82, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Just wanted to share ladies! I was basically a timid person. Thanks to my guide, my father, who changed my life by giving countless supports and encouragement, which i am sharing with everyone who are trying hard to conceive. Do share your story so that by sharing these, you are taking these out of your mind and be free. Hope i will get supporting responses here.
    Incident - 1:
    When i joined my new duty i was very happy. I was turning 28 at that time. I gave sweets to my parents and shared my happiness. I was dreaming of my new job the day before. Next day i joined. I got married for five years. While i was standing near the place where the company bus comes, employees started coming there and talking with me. They enquired about my background. I was innocently saying everything. The first question a lady asked "How long have you been married?" next "Do you have kids?" I answered because these are normal questions everyone will ask. Next "Why dont you go for a treatment?" I asked "what did you say?" response - "No i said, why dont you go for treatment?" the very first day i got devastated. This may seem simple to anyone with kids..People with kids(not all, excuse me) really dont understand this kind of pain. They simply ask. I didnt answer anything and she was looking at my face for a longer time. Why this? Why this?

Incident - II
    A month of time went off. One day i had a heated argument with my hubby. After that i went for my duty. That day, my face got bloated like hell because i cried. While i was working, an employee came. She asked "Are you taking fertility tablets? because your face is so bloated. I thought you are taking". I said "no no".

Incident - III
    While attending a seminar, A lady nearby came and asked are you married? i answered yes. The next moment i understood what she was abt to say. "Pls complete your duties to become a mother. See me. I got two kids. I completed my duties. So, plan for a baby as soon as possible..Just for your goodness i am saying this dont mistake.

Incident - IV
    In my company van, while i was getting up on bus a lady said, see she is coming. "Ivalukku jolly. Pillayum illa, kuttyum illa. freethaan" You can imagine how i got hurt like anything.

Incident - V etc....these were top provoking incidents
    While i was working, a male employee said "Plan pannidunga madam. ungalukku periods correctaa irukkaa? Husbandkku onnum problem illiye?" OMG! this was the limit. Though the company is a top notch one, the environment is nasty, filled with nasty people. My mother scolded me as to why i was keeping quiet" The society is highly intrusive.

While unloading with my mother, she then adviced "Learn to be rough. Dont answer for these reckless questions. If atall you answer just say "What is your problem? Mind your own business". Why iam sharing this is "people, please be rough whenever there is a forcing situation to act". Please dont close your doors and cry thinking about this issue. Nobody thinks what we are going to, while asking these questions. So there is nothing wrong to be rough when people cross limits. Live your life to the fullest. I have learnt to be positive and i still believe that i am going to be a mother one day. God has better plans for me. And this is not a joke. On January 1 2017, i took a resolution before god. When i become a mother, i will never ever ask these nasty questions to embarrass anyone married, unless they say they have kids or not. I will never ever intervene with their personal plans. God bless all.

rachaputi, Suja9, tcbhuvana and 9 others like this.

2. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

I am so sorry you had to go thru this. I am fuming about the qn asked by the male employee. It is okay to be rude with such people, they deserve it. Next time some one says something like this, just say "It is very personal. Dont talk about it any more" and leave the place. I understand some people find it hard to be rude with people, just practise saying this, so next time you just say it in the flow. This should drive the point.

Hugs to you dear. Loads of sticky baby dust to you.

sindmani and Sweety82 like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Solid advice. Have a few responses ready and give it back to the askers, then and there.

rachaputi and Sweety82 like this.
  4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear, i have seen a very darker side of this society and i hate it! We think people are good just by seeing outside but people talk a lot behind us. That is the truth. We have to swim leaving behind everything negative happened, to move forward.. What to do :)

5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Nowadays i adopt because i got affected so much and people around changed me...

6. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Yes I have been in similar situations. Initially it was very hard to digest such rude responses from people around. Nowadays I think my mind got used to such words. You know I am married for 1year for past 4years(only to strangers who poke me with their stupid question on pregnancy). It's just the relatives that I couldn't handle. Myself and my Dh totally got humiliated by an old lady in front of a big crowd in a family function. My pils stood there with no support even after knowing about the incident. I was yelled saying I purposely postponed the pregnancy. But I am the one who is even saving newly bought glass bangles hoping to wear it one day for being a mother.
    I don't know whether i become mother of my own or adopted one. All my wish is to feel motherhood and I ll be a proud mother one day.
    If it all I have baby shower function one day, I ll invite everyone who are ttc and ignored in such functions like me now but definitely not my relatives who foul mouthed about my feelings.
    May be God has chosen special ones who can be selfless and understand life beyond what normal people (who hurt ttc people) see through it. May be we are His favourites.

sindmani, penpaal, Chocolatey and 3 others like this.
  7. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

I can completely relate you.. I have gone through similar situations.. first few times I used to react and get angry on those people . Especially my in laws..Later I started ignoring everyone..

My manager's wife was just behind me... She hated I look much young compare to her.. she keeps telling everyone " once she gets pregnant she will become fat "..Many times this repeated Infront of friends party .I was afraid when I know she is there in the party ( she has no idea what I am going through and how I am feeling. We are not even friends!! ) Once I told her in private to "stop being behind me. Things will happen when the right time comes". She was shocked and kept quiet.
    Later with God's grace when I got pregnant the one and only question she asked is" how much I put on" I gave her letcure about how to treat people nice !!. I always try to keep distance but she will be just behind me..

When I was two months pregnant ( doctor said not to inform anybody untill three months and my h was strict about it. Not even my parents or in laws .We were staying in a different city.) My in laws spread the rumour " I don't want kid that's the reason we are not having baby" ....

One of my cousin was struggling for second baby but she was not able to conceive. Finally she conceived, then my in-laws comment "now it should be a baby boy" ( first one is girl) . I was shocked they don't see how much she struggled and finally blessed to conceive ..Why they need to make such a comment !!

Sometimes people have no idea how much they are hurting others but they enjoy doing it . Only God can give answers and punishment to such people..

To all the ladies who already became mother in mind ... God will bless you soon with a beautiful baby.. life can't be always rude or dark.. it is just that God is making you guys so strong to be a strong mother ...

8. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Yes @wish4miracle , deftly, one day yo will become a proud mother. dont worry. sad to hear that you faced such humiliation. because she is an elderly person, i think you might have kept quiet. this being an advantage for her, she might have talked stupid. today will change as tomorrow AND EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE FROM PRESENT SCENARIO. Dont worry

wish4miracle likes this.
  9. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

@penpaal you are absolutely right. people turn out so bad. for example, if we have money, they will be jealous. if we dont have a baby, for that also they will talk behind us. some people know that they hurt others. by seeing people becoming uncomfortable, they earn such a pleasure by poking others.

sindmani, penpaal and wish4miracle like this.
  10. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

thank u @Sweety82 :blush: yes but she is a relative of my dh. my dh was very supportive answering her back but we dint make a scene or so as not to disturb the family function.

it happened 2yrs ago but still couldn't forget those words as only i know how much i needed to be a "mom".
    I still face these humiliation from neighbours/strangers even friends.

there is a quote "Being a mother is not about what you gave up to have a child but what you've gained from having one". I think most mothers would gain on unconditional love, love even when things are not perfect. i may not be a mother yet and i am may not be perfect like her but i think she learn nothing from being a mother. Anyways God bless her.

Few people go beyond a limit thinking their words would console ttc people say that having a kid is a kind of mess and its better off without kids. these people say such things but cannot withstand a day without seeing their kids. i just ignore such statements as i know that they desperately try to console us but with wrong choice of words o_O

I am sure people who teases TTC people does not even have half of our mental strength. But still shows off:BangHead: