1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

For those who think humanity is no more..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends, it is almost a year since we first had a inkling it could be cancer, in sujatha's case. today she is on the road to recovery with set backs like very low hb levels and white blood cell counts and severe body pains..but she has bounced back with a will power, and a lot of prayers and help from lot friends who know her and who do not even know who she is.

The day I said I need some money to help sujatha, I had people sending me 1k,10k, 30k, and I have my husband's office colleagues who have sent us 50k and another friend of my co-sis who sent a lump sum. There are have been ilites, and others whom I have come close to, because of this. I have already thanked many of them. As the year ends, I would love to say thanks once again for making this year a year to emphasize on humanity, at least to people around me.

I am sure some of them would not object to my naming them here, and of course would not want to reveal how much they donated..it is not about a rupee or a thousand, it was the willingness to give.

Sudha (sudhakailas), I know her and her husband through a meet, and have been hooked from then. She was the first one to hit the collection drive. Thanks to you and your husband.

Viji(Abhising) was the next one to send. I did not realize she had already sent until sujatha’s parents told me there was a transfer. Thanks dear.

Sriniketan, BigB as I fondly call, sent me a pm, wanting to contribute and asked me to collect the amount from her parents. It was a sheer blessing to have been in their presence for an hour or more, listening to them. As I took leave, they gave me a cover, saying they added their contribution..Thanks Big B and also thanks to your parents for blessing me to move ahead..

Usha(sundarusha) who had difficulty sending the money to me, and took lots of pains to send it across to sujatha’s account. Though you are busy, just wanted to say thank you usha.

Ushakrishnan64, usha, who had some personal problems, but went collecting for the same, in her known circle to contribute a sizable amount. Thanks usha.

There is another Ilite, whom I don’t want to name (As it is a request from her), who had a collection done in her office and it was again a sizable amount. Thanks to you. God bless all those pitching hands.

Now I would want to talk about two friends Ilites themselves, without revealing their names, who took the pains of finding out the details from sujatha’s mother and visiting the hospital and donating money directly. Thanks to both of you for that effort,(I know you are reading this and you have a great heart, and I wish you all the happiness )

I should also add, my daughter’s classmate's moms who sent in some, after hearing the pitch from my daughter.

And many more, the ones I have not named and the ones who did not want to be mentioned.

Well those drops, buckets did help to pool a good amount for the treatment. '

Well if I was to thank every effort, then there are a few others I need to thank, for all those prayers, all those healings, all those informations they sent me initially, the names of doctors, the names of successful recoveries, and of course all those who have been following sujatha setbacks and recoveries, for the past one year in this thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pray-for-me/123946-please-pray-my-close-friend.html.

When I talk about the pleasant experiences, I need to talk about the negative..something like yin and yang. Well this lead me to relearn the art of convincing and driving a point across, though have been successful but well the happenings around us did leave some of them so skeptical that they still believe what they see.

I have been asked about why can’t they approach government hospitals, and how do we believe they are really suffering. Here, I would like to talk about people like my FIL who used to send money to the appeals in paper. Initially I was also among the ones who thought it did not reach the correct person. Later I delved in and found a few that were doing good service.

I collect newspaper to send it across to a orphanage where it is converted into paper bags. I do go across my apartments asking them to contribute..afterall you are going to get rs.60 for 2 months paper, which is not a huge one for the people who are all my neighbors..but I have not got any response, but that does not deter me, I still call every alternate month. I tell all my friends to think about this.

I also sometimes collect, wash and pack old clothes apart from contributing neat/clean dresses to the orphanages to goonj. Anybody who does not know about goonj please visit their website.

I believe every woman needs respect even during suffering. A piece of cloth that does not look of any use could be more than a cloth to be used as a sanitary napkin by the underprivileged, and I did refer to the same when I talked of the relearning the joy of giving.

Does any of this dither my conviction to give as much as possible. No.

I do not think twice to give food to my servant maid, before we eat.(most of the people around me do not..i do not want to ring in communities here..) I do not think twice to ask the Rice Mandy (whole sale place)to send a bag of rice to the old age home, I do not think twice to order my FIL to give a contribution to the old age home once a while.. at the risk of looking like bragging, I just wanted to say every act of random kindness is the need for the day.. and If you can do it why not??

If somebody comes and ask me “where is humanity today?”, i can tell them, please watch closely, there maybe somebody next to you, there may be someone who is human in all sense.

Today it has forced us to think about giving back to people by helping others who have been there and in the process we have learnt about a lot of like minded people. A person who goes and volunteers and talks to the family and the person who are suffering. A person who contributes 10% of her salary for cancer foundation. A person who distributes health drinks,after her husband succumbed to the disease, well many more, it will take more than one snippet to talk about..

AS I sign off the year 2011 and ring in the year 2012 in a few days, I am a contented person for doing my little bit. Being there for people who needed me, being helpful wherever possible and I don’t need to make resolutions any more to do my bit..

Wishing you all a very happy, prosperous new year.

24 people like this.

2. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

WOWOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. A great thought for self realisation!!!

Shanthi ka, your brought tears to my eyes.....
    Humanity is everywhere.......
    Thanks to one and all who donated to your friend and so happy that she is on the recovery path...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy,

Very glad to hear that Sujatha is recovering. Wish her good health and a long life ahead.

Congratulations to you and your family for a job well done and for a year put to wonderful use. Wishing you many more years of bringing joy and happiness to all around you. :-D

1 person likes this.
  4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanti
    I just read in the prayer forum about Sujatha. And was glad to read that she is recovering.
    It was great reading this post. And hope Lord will bless her with good health and long life.
    You are a person who always spread happiness around you, a great soul resides in you.

5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Shanthi mam,

it is great to hear that she is recovering..am really really happy about it..When I read about this in prayer thread, I felt very bad and as soon as I finished reading it, I sent a heartful of prayer on behalf of her..

What we have to do is, just open our heart and eyes, all the good things are around us..And hats off to all the people who helped your friend..

நல்லார் ஒருவர் உளரேல் அவர் பொருட்டு எல்லார்க்கும் பெய்யும் மழை(roughly, atleast if there is one good soul around us, we get rain)..SO I think this world is still rotating because of these kinds of people..

1 person likes this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shan,

kudos to you and all our other friends here for doing your bit .I am really overwhelmed at the different ways you reach out to people. May God bless you with a lot of happiness ,my dear buddy.I have lots to talk to you re this subject and will do so.:)

1 person likes this.
  7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I don't have words , Shanthi!All I can say is you are TALL.

1 person likes this.
  8. shaneeja

shaneeja New IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

God Bless you and everyone who is in your path

1 person likes this.
  9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy ma'am.....
    I am awe struck ......and glad to be with such noble souls here in this wonderful place IL!!!
    Such an inspiring post ......!!!
    My best wishes and sincere prayers to You, Your best friend Sujatha,Your family and All the great ILs who stretched their hand out to help....and who prayed with their heart and soul for Sujatha....!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Good to know your friend is on the road to recovery and humanity is still kicking and alive! We do surprise ourselves now and then...eh?

On your effort part, no words are enough, you are an inspiration to so many! :bowdown

Happy New Year to you and your family!

1 person likes this.