1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

For the parents who are sweating over potty training

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by loonypooh, Dec 19, 2011.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

i would suggest give him/her a break for a couple of wks and try again. I tried the same and it never really worked for us, until one day she decided that she wants to do in her potty seat.
    We did show her potty teaining vids to encourage. And i feel it did help.Also i would sit nxt to her/ or her dad would reading a book, when she sat on the potty seat. That way she would sit there for a while and poop. after a month of doing this, she started doing it without someone sitting nxt to her.

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

i am not sure if its a myth or not, but i have heard that boys take longer than girls. My DD at 2.3 months is night time trained. We never really trained her, she decided she doesnt want to wear diapers. so we let her free. But i would take her "now u not wearing diaper, so u MUSt go susu before going to bed, or else bed gets dirty. We still hv accidents once in two wks, but she gets up all panicky and says momma i dirty bed and starts crying, i pacify her saying its okie, lets make the bed again and go to bed.
    I feel sooner than later, he will get trained on his own, when his bladder is perfectly ready, theres nothing u can do about it :) hang in there Padma

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Oh boy! 8 months is too young! please dont.. let her cross her 2 yr mark, start encouraging her when she is nearing 2 yrs.

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

correction in my post, DD was 2 yrs and 2 months , and not 23 months, when she got trained