For pregnancy and healthy delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by aarthi, Feb 6, 2006.

1. aarthi

aarthi New IL'ite

dear IL members,
    iam aarthi, i joined to this site in nov 2005. i have a daughter of 2yr old. i got married in may 2000 and conceived only by apr 2003. as i read many threads of other members reg birth of a child, i would like to share my exp also. my sisinlaw asked me to eat red hibiscus buds early in the morning in empty stomach and i aslo took the ghee from garbarakshamibika temple. also prayed to lord krishna at guruvayur,kerala. and there is one fruit which has to be taken by bot husband and wife , i don't the name of that fruit, we can get that only few parts of india(kalar gardens, near ooty, the fruit has a particular season, we have to book and get that fruit) and other countries( i think in malaysia we can get that fruit).and also pray to lord nagaraja, there are mainly two temples in kerala , one is mannarsala and pambume kavu. both are very sacred temple people who pray their on ayilam are blessed with the child. on behalf of the other friends at IL i pray to these two temples. i am planning to go in our vacation to those temples. then when i was pregnant i listened to many carnatic songs, by now my daughter shows interest in sa re ga ma ... by putting thalam with hands on her lap. i listened to a lullaby collection by Bombay Jayasri(my fav singer) named " Vatsalyam" , nowadays for all the new born mothers i give this as gift. soothing lullabies in many dialects of india. if u get chance pls do listen, then i would like to know is there any other collection of lullabies in form of cd or cassette. if u know pls do write to me.
    Be cheerful,
    aarthi.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai

Hai Aarthi,
    its nice to know that you have laid the foundation for a good human being by introducing good music to your daughter just when she was inside you. You can listen to the Thalattu Padalgal by Bombay Sisters - a very melodious collection apt for babies. It was released just when my son was born, I used to song and also play the cassette to him everyday and when he was 3, he used to sing those songs. Now he is 14 but still when he finds it difficult to sleep, I sing for him. Also, Oothukadu songs byBombay Sisters is also a good start for your daughter, you can explain the meaning of the songs to her and she will develop good music sense and also bhakti. Keep up the good work.
    By the way, my family is in Cochin and I visit often. They are in Ravipuram.
    Take care.
    Varloo

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

thaalattu paadalgal

Dear Aarthi,

I also love Vatsalyam, I have it and gift it to new moms. Actually the first song MannumPugazh, is the lullaby for Swamy Ranganathar and is still sung every night in SriRangam. I think I read this in Kalki.

Also listening to Mozart when pregnant is very good for the growing foetus.

Rgds
    Vidya

4. srisha2k

srisha2k New IL'ite

Re: thaalattu paadalgal

Hi,
    Can u please send me the lullaby songs. . Now i am in 5 th month.
    expecting eagerly.

5. pavithrakutty

pavithrakutty Bronze IL'ite

dear aarthi,can u plz mention about that fruit bcz my best fnd is ttc one year before she had miscarriage now she is so worried and no confidence waiting for your reply:)