1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Foot Cleaning Tips needed

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by BuviVishal, Feb 9, 2012.

1. vandv

vandv Silver IL'ite

15 minutes before taking bath apply 1 tsp of coconut oil on feet and lightly massage. Then take bath as usual. This will help your feet look good throughout the day :)

2. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Everyday cleaning is a must. They become dirty only if left long. Daily cleaning is not so difficult. At night, just for 10 mintutes, soak in warm water + salt . Then Scrub well. Wash in cold water. Rub vaseline all over and go to bed. That will be enough. For cracked badly, put Krack cream or beewax on heels. Daily routine very necessary, like brushing teeth daily.

3. aalamelu

aalamelu New IL'ite

hi, in the way, u can use few drops ff lemon juice, it will help the nails as well. lemon hs cleansing properties,so it l clean the foot,completly

4. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

You can also add few drops of shampoo with lemon and warm water.Then use a scrubber.

We can do it once in 15 days.

5. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hey before you go to sleep you can clean your feet. it does not need to be some fancy stuff , just wash with water and soap and then put some nice cream. if u like you can put coconut oil also.
    a good cleaning at home daily is better than a pedicure in a spa once a month.
    if u have really dirty feet with cracked heels , you can soak in warm water with some shampoo or body wash and some drops of oil, coconut or olive, and some salt and then rub with a pumice stone. u can buy a kit from vega from any store , its not very costly , i think around 150 rs. it has a brush which has a pumice stone , brush , and filer. but even if u dont have it a simple pumice stone and a old tooth brush will do. soak ur feet in water for 15 min and then clean with brush n rub pumice stone . be very gentle. then dry it and put moisturizer.
    dont give the excuse of not having time as u can do this while u watch tv :) it is very relaxing and u will have good sleep after it :)

2 people like this.
  6. Irvinerenter

Irvinerenter New IL'ite

Thanks. That helps a lot.

7. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Thanks cute. your tips helping me a lot :)

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

great tips and yes all are really simple :)
    sorry BuviVishal for barging in but i want some answer for my problem...

i have had dry skin on my legs and feet since my college days and i used to regularly apply moisturiser(till now) but they are too dry that these moisturisers just dont hold for more hours :bonk..I have never had an issue with cracked heel untill i got pregnant...these cracked heels started to happen when i was in the 2nd trimester slowly...later my baby was born and those cracks were fine...i have a very dry feet and because of the weight gain at that time,i tot cracks where bound to happen...so i did apply crack cream but not regularly...it looked bad atleast if you look close but not worse

but since past 2 months(or i notice it now only),i feel its worse,i mean the cracks are getting deeper and i can see cracks(small light ones)all around my feet(even on my bigToe)...i am really worried...nothing has changed i mean the food,the number of hours i walked etc etc but the cracks are more and now i have started to apply crack cream regularly...but i want to know WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ALL OF A SUDDEN?!!!!

to make a special mention,my mom too has bad cracked feet and i feel a year or two more,my feet would look exactly her hers :hide...i feel so bad and its really embarrasing to come to office or go out with a bad cracked foot...also the skin has become rough with all the cracks now...
    since past 2 months,i am trying to use scrub once or twice in a week for my legs(not under the feet)...will it help?!!!

What can i do ladies...?!!...i am 26 year old and is this because of the age factor???..
    one more thing,i dont keep my legs dirty and neither does it get dirty very fast...
    any tip would be of great help Bow
    Thanks in Advance :)

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

HI Swaran,
    I too faced this issue till a month back. I am carrying now and I stopped using moisturizers when pregnancy was confirmed. This effected my feet, since I too have dry(very dry) skin there. Slowly it developed into cracks without any care. Then I started taking care by applying extra virgin olive oil(EVOO) every night before sleep. Twice a week I will scrap my feet with brush,pumic stone and steel filer. Then massage with olive oil. Now for about a month i have been applying EVOO and all the cracks have disappeared.Also it feels smooth to touch my skin. You can try the same.

1 person likes this.
  10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hey wow..thats super good to hear...i have never tot/heard that olive oil could do so much to the feet??!!!...thats a new information for me :-D
    i feel my feet would be similar to yours...super dry...but your feedback has given me a confidence and i feel i too can come out of this very soon...

so can u please mention like how long it took from the super dry cracked heel-super soft heel?!!!..

thanks a bunch amihere Bow