Foods To Carry While Travelling In Train For 3 Days

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by pihu123, Sep 15, 2016.

1. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Hello friends,

I need all your help..we will be travelling in train for 3 days.what foods i should carry along with me so that it will not get spoiled.whenever i carry food in train some stickiness starts to form during lunch or dinner.Can anyone please help me out? Any ideas what subzi to carry while travelling so that it will not get spoiled.How to carry fruits while travelling so that i can avoid water vaporization on all the fruits?
    I tried posting this post in food forum but was not able to .can anyone please post this post in respected forum please.That would be a great help for me..Please help me someone by pouring all your ideas.

2. Lakshmi6197

Lakshmi6197 Gold IL'ite

You can carry curd rice, ajvayin pooris with extra moin (oil that you add while making the dough), bittergourd fry, or stuffed bittergourd without onion, theplas with pickle, plain bread and butter sandwiches with some namkeen or mixture. You can take apples, oranges and buy bananas on some station.
    Idlies coated with sesame oil and podi has a longer shelf life than normal idli.
    For the first day you could take some chapatis with any curry you make without adding water. You could put some milk and oil while kneading the chapati dough so that they last longer. Or you could make some mixed vegetable rice with extra oil. Hope it suffices.

Have a happy journey and enjoy :biggrin:

3. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

If you like North Indian Food you can carry Thepla......It is like Chapathi spiced up and stays even for 2-3 days without rotting.........It is filling

methi thepla recipe, how to make methi thepla recipe | methi recipes

thepla - Google Search

If you like South Indian food you can make make instant food with Aval/Poha/Pressed rice.......5 recipes that can be instantly made are listed below.......scroll down to the place where it says "No cook poha recipes for travel with baby or kid"........

5 No Cook Recipes Using Poha for Babies and Kids

Generally you can carry bread.......slice up cucumber, tomatoes, onions and make instant sandwich......

Otherwise bread, jam, butter.......Your choice........

Carry corn flakes/museli and add hot milk in train .....breakfast ready..........

You are asking to avoid outside food...ok......I personally eat Haldiram's samosa and kachori which are dry and can be kept for 2-3 days......It is made of dry fruits and spices........great if you can make it yourself also

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  4. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for replying..Can anyone suggest how to carry fruits along with me so that it will remain fresh for 3 days