Food - The best medicine in this world

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Rith, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I come up with this thread based on request from few of my friends in IL. Basically i learnt this from my grandma. I would say, she is an expert in naturl medicine. starting from fever, cold till weight gain/reduction she has home made remedies. Trust me, no need to run to medical shop for herbs whose name are complicatory. Just walk into your kitchen, steal something from your spice boxes, prepare and stay healthy. I am sharing the tips which i use in my day to day life.
    I would say most of them has no side effects. Some has side effects like generating heat.
    Caution: Dont try beyond the limit that I have specified in the posts. Because as you even too much of antidote becomes poisonous

2. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

1. To Reduce Heat & eye irritation
    Soak 1-2 tsp Methi/ Fenugreek seeds overnight. Grind as paste and apply in scalp for not more than 15 minutes. Then wash off your hair. This reduces heat, irritation in eyes if your body is over heated. Good for hair growth as well.
    Please dont try this for kids less than 10 years. They may get cold easily

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

2. To overcome pain during menstural days

Soak kismis (dry grapes) in hot water for half an hour. Not more than 10 kismis. Drink the water in empty stomach along with kismis.
    This is also good to boost immunity

For infants more than 4 months old, try giving with 5 kismis, grind it well and give the juice, not more than 1 tsp. gradually you can increase the kismis count for every 2 months

4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

In case you have any queries, you can ask here. Tomorrow I will share health mix recipe

5. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

3. Sprouts and its use

1. Wheat sprout - To treat cancer
    2. Horsegram sprout - to treat knee pain and reduces weight
    3. Channa sprout - Retains energy
    4. Black Urad dal sprout - to promote lactation ( I had this and yes! it is a proven result)