Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Shazara

Shazara New IL'ite

Hi. . I am 21 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby.
    I wanted to know whether our food habits during pregnancy affects the complexion of d baby? I am asking this because my 1st baby is 2 yrs old now and she s darker than me and my husband and one of my relative now delivered a very fair baby but both the parents are dark.
    She said she had lots of carrot nd beetroot juice during pregnancy.
    Does foods really a play a part in complexion?
    Please kindly answer

2. eastbeauty

eastbeauty New IL'ite

Don't remember also to avoid 'iron blockers', that can make it harder for your body to absorb the iron. You should avoid having these close to or with iron-rich meals and snacks if you want to maximise iron absorption. Iron blockers include: coffee and tea, unprocessed bran, soy proteins, foods containing calcium

3. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Hi Shazara.

I don't think eating beets and carrots is anywhere related to impacting the complexion in babies..These are the foods which help in increasing the iron or the haemoglobin content in your body and there by making you less anemic.

The complexion not only depends on you and your hubby..It can depend on your genes as well..May be the baby has inherited the genes from your parents /parents in laws.

Eat well and stay healthy Happy pregnancy ..

saileela85 likes this.
  4. v.kiruthikka

v.kiruthikka New IL'ite

Hello all,

I am getting heart burn everyday exactly when I go to sleep. I am currently in the 15th week of pregnancy. I am having buttermilk with little salt and asafoetida powder! Even I am vomiting that also. Can someone help me in advising me the remedies for this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Kiruthikka Venkataraman

5. Devi321

Devi321 New IL'ite

I am in my first trimister.i used to eat more watermelon, boiled peanuts and amaranthus.is it safe during first trimister? Please suggest me.

6. jiyu78

jiyu78 New IL'ite

7. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

I don't think so it's right time taking papaya in early pregnancy..after 34 weeks u can have a small portion every day..