Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

If i am given less chilly food , i feel like very less hungry ...

I am fond of eating spicy food always , especially my canteen rasam is little chilly so i have rice with a cup of rasam daily for taste... Also i am fond of certain greens like drum stick leaves and manathangali greens now ... they also give us iron strength ...

But , i am alos restricitng the spicy food to take just one time per week ..

We can have sprouts , tea cake , salt buscuits or marry lite buiscuits and tea (with ginger and some chukku) in evening times .. i love to have them ...

Take care .. happy pregnancy !!

1 person likes this.
  2. aarthizone

aarthizone Silver IL'ite

Hi
    i am 10 weeks pregnant. Actually till 8 weeks I didn't take any prenatal vitamins becoz only at 8 weeks I went to first check up. After doctor prescribed, I am taking tablets. Actually what's my thinking(worrying) before pregnancy and during 3-4 weeks pregnancy folic acid is much important. Every pregnant women need to take at least 400mcg of folic acid during early pregnancy. Otherwise it leads to birth defects. But I don't know whether I had that much folic acid amount in my daily food during those days. I only had rice everyday, weekly twice spinach, toor dal etc, then sometimes egg, everyday tea, then dosa,idly,chappathi and side dish for that. That's it. Not even I took much vegetables those days. Is that food habit affects my folic acid requirements during my early pregnancy? Is that leads to any birth defects? Plz help by giving suggestions.

And one more thing i went outside in my 9 week pregnancy on oct 18 exactly the lunar eclipse time. I was directly exposed under sky during the whole lunar eclipse time (May be 30 mins)

So I coincide both things and worrying very much nowadays whether any risk to my baby. Next month at 12 weeks I'm going to have nuchal transluceny ultrasound . Is that ultrasound completely detects any defects or is any chances of defects missing I ultrasound? Plz give suggestions. Anyone have experience like mine?

i only pray to god to have a healthy baby.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  3. aartiangels

aartiangels Silver IL'ite

Hi all, I am 4 months pregnant. I don't like chocolate flavor these days. Can I have complan kesar badam in milk ? Once a day ?

4. reachsmith

reachsmith Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Can anyone suggest where to get coconut water here in usa? I know we get lot of tins and packed ones but i am really not sure which one is safe especially during pregnancy, and also packed ones will have some sort of preservative or sugar in it...
    please share some suggestions ladies

5. Megha16

Megha16 New IL'ite

Re: is eating Fennel seeds or Sauf harmful in first trimster

Hello

I am 6 months pregnant.. I want to ask is it the eating saunf during pregnancy really helps in getting a fare baby

6. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Megha,

I haven't heard of this.. But its good for health, no harm definitely, so you may take that..

7. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Re: Iron-rich diet for pregnant lady

Hey!

You should definitely read through this feature.

Pregnancy Diet: Eat Healthy during Pregnancy

It has got a whole list of foods and beverages that are good during this time for us mommies. I, for one, most definitely liked this detailed article. It will help me chalk out my diet plan better.

Also if you have gestational diabetes or high blood pressure - it tells you what to eat then.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  8. coolangel

coolangel Senior IL'ite

I m 5weeks pregnant and my in laws are saying to only hv milk nd rice. If I say dal,they say it's heat..like that they are asking me to avoid almost everything . I hv been eating rice nd milk diet now for 2 weeks. Cannot do it anymore ,please advice me what vegetables can I eat. Right now my husband bought these veggies tindora,bitter guard, fenugreek leaves,drumsticks,-- can I eat them?

9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Please eat good food and vegetables . Never heard of only milk and rice. Make sure you take prenatal vitamins.

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You need a healthy diet full of fruits, vegetables and proteins. Also take prenatal vitamins with folic acid. Ask your doctor to provide you with some food guidelines. Just milk and rice does not sound nutritious enough.