Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Just came across this thread. Am about 4 weeks preg. Can someone tell what fruits, veggies to avoid. And what fish is ideal? I don't eat meat at all. Am also currently suffering from a problem with enlarged ovaries and bloating. This will not interfering with preg but I would like to know if anyone else faced this.

2. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Since no one has replied, let me answer this question myself. Big fishes like king fish, sword fish, shark etc. Are unsafe to eat during pregnancy duet high mercury content. Small fish like sardine, shrimp, crabs are safe.

3. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Just want to add that I googled and found this,so wanted to update

4. Parukutts

Parukutts Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends ,
    I am 5 weeks preg ,I had pcos and got preg with the help of clomid. I remember reading somewhere that those with pcos shouldn't drink milk,I am just confused since I read everyone writing on and on that one should drink 2 glasses of milk a day. Anyone know if I should restrict or do the same,my body is also towards the heaty side,it's always warm,so I have to take extra care to make it cool.i am actually not a big fan of yogurt or milk. I plan to make frozen out with fruits and have it ,ay ideas ? Any foods that can keep my body really cool ? .

5. Parukutts

Parukutts Bronze IL'ite

Bukbuk
    What you read is true ,this thread is very long and the best I have read so far about pregnancy foods.the details about fish have already discussed in this,use the search in this thread to find info about your queries. I wanted to know about everything so I started reading from first page and reached only 47 th page by noon. :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  6. keertana999

keertana999 New IL'ite

This is a special time where the demands on your body are greater than normal, so it's really important that during your pregnancy you eat healthily to help ensure your baby grows and develops normally and that you remain healthy without becoming depleted of any nutrients.

Some of the major nutrients you need to increase while pregnant are folate, calcium, iron, fibre and water.

7. kvswathi143

kvswathi143 New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    i am 6 weeks pregnant.could any one tell me what to eat and what not to eat.
    right now i am having 2 cups of milk 2 times a day,1 whole egg,1 apple and 2 oranges juice.
    tiffin,lunch,dinner are normal with veggies.
    please suggest me food list that i have to include or avoid.
    thanks...

8. SolutionsToHeal

SolutionsToHeal New IL'ite

Thanks for giving such a nice information.

9. Sanjana183

Sanjana183 New IL'ite

You must definitely drink Raspberry Leaf Tea. Its something all pregnant women should drink because it makes morning sickness better, it prevents miscarriages and helps make labour faster. There are many other things. I used to have this brand called Organic Raspberry Leaf Tea that i got from this one site called Natural Mantra. Its a definite must-have for pregnant women.

10. nagajyothi

nagajyothi New IL'ite

Spinach is very good in iron