Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

Re: foods for brain development

hi i wanna know that frm which week of pregnancy did u began having walnuts. i m 7 weeks pregnant right now.
    regds

1 person likes this.
  2. chitraraaj

chitraraaj Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Am 11 weeks pregnant now. I have nausea and vomiting sometimes. Once i vomited milk when i had in the morning.:spin From that day onwards i don't like milk. instead am having oats water ( oats boiled in water and leaving the flakes and extract the water alone ) with very little salt. I have it early morning as soon as i have water in the empty stomach also in the evening when i return back from office. I feel good having it. Is this safe for baby?

i used to have millet sprouts (kambu in tamil ) twice or thrice a week.
    Daily fruits like apple/guava/orange and carrot at 11.30 am when am at office.
    am not taking juices frequently instead i have fruits. Before i used to have lunch which is provided in office. But now i find it difficult in having it. i have heartburn,indigestion and so on. So am bringing lunch from my home . dhal, rasam, and poriyal like ladies finger, potato,Ivy Gourd (kovai kaai), beans, carrot etc.
    Before i love to eat non-veg food but now i hate those. i have egg thrice in a week. I stopped having coffee.tea since i hate milk. I have 2 biscuits in the evening as a snack.for the past three months I stopped having outside food.
    Since i have nausea i like only idly /dosa without oil with sambar without sambar powder (my mom used to prepare with few green chillies cracked and very little chilly powder) . i dont like any other food.

Friends i feel comfortable with this diet, i would request you guys to share your diet and let me know what other food i can include in my diet.

Thanks,
    Chitra:)

3. PinksAndBlues

PinksAndBlues Senior IL'ite

Uma I'm sure sweet potato in moderate amounts will not cause any damage. Dont go by these articles you read online. Every day they will do some research and come up with strange conclusions. If we follow each and everything they say we will be left with nothing to eat and drink :crazy Just try to have a balanced diet and be healthy :thumbsup

4. Uma Shakthi

Uma Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Dear P&B,

Thank you very much for your response:). Yes You are right:hide: from the time we know our pregnancy, We are searching a lots and lots of things in Net which lead us to a confusion:spin I realize that I should be positive and have balanced diet rather than Computer Typing through various articles

5. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

hi,

I am 14 weeks pregnant. weely thrice i had lemon juice and drumstick. Is it gud or not??

i am able to eat only banana, grapes and sathukkudi . is it enough for my baby???

i am having nausea. thats y i cant eat so many things....

Every day ngt i sleep at after 2'o clock. before going to bed i am having milk with ensure powder and one banana.Mrng awake only 10 am. then only i have my breakfast. Is this time gap make any impact????

6. Uma Shakthi

Uma Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Could any of you guide me with the benefits of having Karupatti (Palm jaggery) during pregnancy?

Regards,
    Uma

7. chitraraaj

chitraraaj Senior IL'ite

Dear Ooviya,

Dont worry about the present condition. Since You have crossed the first trimester, u will get releif soon. DOnt worry about the baby..
    Even if u eat vey less , your baby will take nutrients from the reservers..

Try to have small meals.. ( 5 if possible) whatever u like. Slowly you will start eating.. Even am in the 12th week.. I feel the same as you.. But i dont like banana..
    Instead i have guava, orange, pomogranate.. Since am working i take these to office.. and have it around 11.30 am.

weely thrice i had lemon juice and drumstick.

Anything in moderation is fine.Lemon is a good source of vitamin C and morning sickness will get reduced.it also helps to overcome constipation.

i am able to eat only banana, grapes and sathukkudi . is it enough for my baby???

Eat whatever u like.. in moderate quantitites.. your baby will be fine

Mrng awake only 10 am. then only i have my breakfast. Is this time gap make any impact????[/QUOTE]

Why you take such long time to sleep ( 2 AM????)
    If possible have some Rusks or biscuits when you wake to go for toilet.Dont rush out of bed. Wake up whenever you can and sit for sometime and relax your mind.
    You will feel better in the morning.

Cheers,
    Chitra:)

8. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot Chitra!!!!

9. VaishnaviRam

VaishnaviRam Junior IL'ite

hi uma,
    No one should eat karupatti during pregnancy. It is not even good during this time. Actually, in my family we used to take karupatti after delivery. Because it takes out all the impure blood from our body, keeps our stomach clean and this may helps to reduce tummy after delivery. While eating karupatti after delivery should wear tummy belt.

PLEASE AVOID PALM JAGGERY DURING PREGNANCY.

10. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

pls tell me, the following items r to be eat or not during pregnancy????

1.Brinjal
    2.Gingelly oil
    3.fish
    4.chicken
    5.cakes

What r all the foods must be avoided during pregnancy???

what r all the foods must be added during pregnancy??