1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

food for hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by mssunitha2001, Dec 10, 2011.

1. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

2. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

useful links sunitha thanks . As i too having hair problemsi badly need these tips. I ll explore one by one and reply to u.

3. mssunitha2001

Thanks manju....i too have been worrying about my hair fall for the past few months....I had very long,straight and very thick hair. By mistake i once did perming as soon as I came here....and thats when my hair started falling. Now having methi seeds daily still not much better. Consulted a dermatologist and he prescribed zinc tablets for 2 months...Such an improvement i could not believe it. There was no hair fall at all. But once i stopped having tablets hair fall began again.

In the name of dieting i stopped having curds, eggs. But after seeing these links i am going to include them in menu atleast on alternate days....

Shall keep my improvement posted here....you do too...

4. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Sunitha thanks for the links.

I am sailing in the same boat.I am also planning to Consult a dermatologist.What are the test taken?blood test or some other explain.

Thanks Sunitha.

5. mssunitha2001

Hello lathaviswa

No blood tests. The doctor just checked the texture of my hair and scalp. There was no dandruff so he just prescribed me zinc tablets and asked to include lot of iron rich foods like jaggery, spincach, green peas, dates,raisins,wheat bread, tomatoes,moong dal,soya chunks, carrot,soy beans, beans, eggs etc., I have been following his suggestion now. For sambhar i drop a tsp of jaggery though it gives a sweet taste to sambar instead of spicy+salty. Kids love this kind of sweet sambar and i dont need to pester them to have jaggery separately . I include spinach twice a week. Eggs thrice a week for kids, methi seeds whenever i remember,moong dal instead of toor dal for sambar, mulagushyam, dal etc.,beans in kurmas, carrot juice kept ready in fridge always,tomatoes used generously in all gravies, soya chunks gravy weekly once....lets see....

I now have to include lot of curds bcos i was once a person who thrived only on curd rice, beans poriyal, cauliflower poriyal, vadaam until my marriage. I now recall i had long, thick hair back then. After marriage i could not follow the same food menu. Health of my hair also slowly deteriorated. Perming was the biggest mistake i ever did and i advise all my friends....never do perming. Looks great temporarily but in the long run ...no use in repenting....

6. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

Sunitha thanks for this detailed find .

7. lathaviswa

Thanks Sunitha dear.

I am also having dates,green veggies,spinach once in a week,before marriage itself i don't used to consume any juices i hate it.now too.My hair became very thin so worried a lot.

8. mssunitha2001

9. lathaviswa

Sunitha thank you very much.

10. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

Very informative. Thanks for sharing