1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

food for 8 year old

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by jyotishobha, Jan 23, 2012.

1. jyotishobha

jyotishobha New IL'ite

Hi friends,[​IMG]
    i have a gchild 8 year old and he is very good in every thing .The only problem is that he does not eat any thing except bread and pasta .
    uptill now we were waitting that it will be ok after some time but now we have given all hope. pl .help us if any one has the solution or some trick .
    thanx.
    jyoti

2. priya20coool

priya20coool Bronze IL'ite

Start mixing dishes like channa, or some curry with bread.. Or with pasta, mix these... because both bread and pasta tastes good with curries.. Or, start to mix a bit of bitter gourd with pasta so that he starts hating the pasta.. And most of all... speak a little when you are eating.. See to it that you kid sees that you are enjoying your meal.. Tell words like yummy, wow, and great when you are eating so that, he is curious to try what you are eating.

And say a big NO when he asks for these things. I understand that it is difficult to say a NO.. But, all that happens, is he wont eat for sometime.. and when he is very hungry, he will be compelled to eat what is given to him. Gradually he develops to start eating all food..

8-years old and food is juz bread and pasta??? I really wonder what made him develop this habit.. Start putting videos of kids of his age who enjoys eating good food.. Make him eat with his friends.. He should be having a lot of playmates in your area, or just the next door, or his favorite cousins.... anyone who could make him eat... Give him lunch of a different dish and insist his teacher in class to see whether he is eating his lunch.. Or ask the teacher to give a prize of his favorite toy or something once he finishes.. (Obviously you have to buy the gift before hand and give it to the teacher and you cant expect his teacher to buy)... One of these things should surely help you.. All the best...

Important Note: Beating or manhandling the kid is not allowed...