1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Food For 1yr Baby While Traveling

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by ILUser07, Dec 5, 2016.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

We will be traveling to tirupati for 3 days and I am worried what to feed my 1 yr old. Please suggest.

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

From where are you travelling? I fed my 9 month old in the restaurants with idly, pongal with out chutneys. He liked pongal a lot. 1 year can eat even vada /poori pieces, if you tried it already at home. Chapati, rice with mild vegetable saute and curd rice your child can take easily. You can take a lunch box, to pack these items, in case you don't find good restaurant near by, or you can feed cereals like corn flakes, biscuits, freshly prepared formula milk.

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

I took my daughter for her mundan when she was of 8 months. Since we stayed in upper Tirupati or Tirumala I took choco flakes, fruit bread and all.she was on mother's feed, I gave her corn flakes and fruit bread dipped in formula milk. I will not recommend to give her any out side food due to hygine reasons. Things were easy when we stayed in lower Tirupati, I used rice cooker made some pongal, rice dhal with rice cooker.

4. srilan

srilan New IL'ite

I agree with radhaparth2000 about avoiding outside food/liquids. It depends on what you are feeding your little one right now. Carrying an electric rice cooker is an excellent idea. I did that. You can cook dal kichdi with veggies(carrot, sweet potato, potatoes can be carried along). Instant oatmeal, poha with milk, bananas, baby cereals are some options.

5. MehulAtharvMom

MehulAtharvMom Gold IL'ite

Hi,

At the time when my kids where small, I managed with milk, cerelac(different flavours), biscuits and fruits.

6. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

Once we took our 10months old to ooty for 3 days. I was still feeding her. So managed with that. Gave her cerelac, biscuits, fruits like apple,banana. then idli.