1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Food Chart At 6 Months Old Baby

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Ooviya, Oct 25, 2016.

1. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

You can give morning breakfast around 9 AM or 10AM gap of 1 hr from her last milk.

Night around 7 or 7.30.

2. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

True, fruits has lot of fiber, sugars and acidic. It can be harsh for little babies, banana is soothing for stomach and kids like it. I too didn't give fruits until I introduced all veggies first, as kid may get used to sweet taste of fruits and may not like veggies, but was giving banana as a snack, few bites per one snack

Also no sugar or chocolate or biscuits till they get used to normal food eating habits. Like 1 and half or two years, it helps in long run,

blindpup10 and dimhere like this.
  5. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

My DD didnt sleep regularly.. 4 hrs in day time.. in ngt 5-6 hrs.. but every an hr or two hours once awake.. no sound sleep till.. is it common?? what type of banana i ll give?? is excess feeding like kanchi or any solid food affects her?? Am giving all in semi solid texture.. is it ok now-6 th month

6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

I didnt mix BM or any milk or formula with food... add hot water only... Tell me the texture of food and quantity.. she is taking 3-4 teasppons ... is it overfeeding?? Am totally confused and worrying about her sleeping pattern also

7. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

May be night times baby is hungry so waking up, does she drink milk and go to sleep immediately? then it is fine, i think. May be some kids don't get sound sleep. but my son slept well, even though waking up for milk every 3-4 hours at that age.

Till you figure out what suits baby with poridge/kanchi etc at night times, you can feed cerelac (rice based /stage 1).

Any ripe banana is OKay.
    to make sure baby is not excess fed, feed on fixed times like lunch time, offer solids, whatever she takes that's it. don't feed solids again after 2-3 hours, but wait till dinner time , to offer solids,
    this way baby can take what is needed to fill her stomach. and indigestion won't happen.

Fixed times for all feedings and sleep, bath helps you and baby will get used to that routine,

Ooviya likes this.
  8. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

sure.. Thank you so much

9. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Some babies will have high appetite, make sure she is given food in the night and milk. Be prepared to give milk /BM 2-3 times in between.

Dont feed more at a time, initally 2-3 spoons slowly increase the quantity., after a month or so, kid can it a bowl full.

Also dont give raagi kanchi 3 times a day, hard to digest. Give raagi kanchi in the mornings or after noon. Night easily digestable food like rice kanchi or ceralac

For sleeping we have to make it as a pattern. Make sure to switch off the lights in the night, elders sugegst to keep light all the time with kids as practice . But this makes kid awake like us.

My mom used to keep the light on all the time , my DD was not properly sleeping evn after drinking full milk till 3 months. It was difficult for us, once doctor suggested to keep that off. After this she slept really well.

Also make sure that bedding is proper not too warm, too cold. Clothes are not too tight, give a bath in the evenings also.

If possible make a cloth cradle , babies sleep really well with this.

10. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

yes.. am using cloth cradle only..ll give rice kachi at ngt.. is it semi solid?? is it ok.. or more watery..is ragi cold?