1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Follwoing the Famous to be Famous!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Apr 21, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

As the night unfolds itself, I get topics to blog.. Lemme get to the point. I always feel we should be proud of what we are and confident of what we do and should strive hard to reach the goals set by us. The goals can vary from person to person and the approach also varies. I have a feeling the confidence level is not up to the bar code of people who beg to be famous. I observe the new comers in the office trying to be pally with people who are very good with the top brass. They always wish you and try to be as polite as possible. They want the top brass to see them with you (you here is the famous person). It gives them the sense of cover and popularity at ease. It is not just at the corporate level again, even in party or a small get-to-gether it has been noticed that the person who is the star of the party is the one with whom everyone wants to associate with. Common Mals, what is the big deal in this? This question is going to arise. Well, I am not of that type. I cannot associate with a person coz he is famous, rich and a persona of that place. In fact, his or her presence does not affect me at all. I never give any such special treatment to that person nor do I expect any special treatment from anybody. I believe in carving a niche for myself with my own efforts. I will not hold hands of a person just to promote myself. I have the confidence and the strength in me to build my ladder of success and the plans to reach the top rung of the ladder on my own merit. Friends, I never stand and wish any of the top bosses and it includes the Director of the Company. He is paying me for my work and not for standing up and showing special concern for him and he has never objected or raised a comment till date for my behaviour. In fact, he comes and stands next to me and talks to me rather standing across the table as he is aware I am not doing any hunky dowry business there but seriously working and cannot be disturbed. When he enters his room I flash my bright smile and say “Morning Sir” and he does stand and exchange a few pleasantries and walks ahead. Initially, most of them thought it would be a block to my successful career or growth at any place. I told them it would never be, as I know how to prove myself. I do not have to associate with the famous to be famous, I do not have to beg to be famous nor I have be to walk that extra mile of apple polishing to reach there. That is not my forte. I will do my best, the truth always reflects in the long run. Showsha is the shortest way to success but not the long lasting one. Follwing the famous to be famous is nor my forte!!Computer Typing

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mals my dearie
    Hat off to you young friend..Bow so beautiful.. and the narration.. I really read it in one breath.. imagine.. I would not dare to write on such a difficult topic but you have made it seem so easy and so eloquent at the same time.. :bowdown Ofcourse my admiration has gone over board with respect to the stance you take.. wishing you very good luck in all your endeavors:) And hope the goddess of fortune showers her blessings on you.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

mals i agree with u all the way, if we cannot be known for our contribution then what is this world for, in my singing career when film stars like sathyaraj all come up it never used to ruffle me for the simple reason i am me and he is he, all are here to do their role and never get fluttered by the other, even ramakrishna wanted to put a hand over my shoulder but i refused told him lets respect each other for what we are and all out there know who we are, and he was too surprised for this but then that is me, happy to know u here, in the same shade..sunkan

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Thats a great topic.
    Sycophancy thy name is the ticket to promotion!
    Yes I have come across many such characters in life.Disgusting to say the least. And the funniest part is even if you so much as a pass a fleeting glance at them , they next instance you hear that you guys are great buddies.
    Infact it makes you very cynical in life but then thats the best bet. You either be like them or you beg to differ and stand on your own. But its always better to be grow meritoriously rather than stoop to levels of some nincompoops!
    These Haan ji Haan ji varieties are too sick!

Love,
    Devika

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals
    Nice topic............
    when you have the capability to become famous why shouldn't you be one without going behind these famous...........
    I hate such people who wag they tails behind bosses..........in order to get promotions.............
    I remember one person would like to share with you.......
    There is this person Mr. X who use to be behind these bosses he use to sit near they feet like a dog and wag his tail..........when I use to see him doing this use to feel like going and slapping him.............hehehe but use to ignore mujzy kya kaarna hai.............and behind they back he use to abuse them kya samajtha hai and all I do sir sir and he doesn't even care and all but still wouldn't stop wagging his tail next time...........we use to just look at him and laugh at his stupidity. It is really disgusting to see such people................

6. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Devika rightly called it as Sychophancy.
    One definitely shouldn't boot lick a famous, to become famous..sometimes the "boss" gets the respect..he/she doesn't demand but they command respect.

These days the hierarchical structures are flat and bosses are best seen as friends than somebody superior. Self- respect among employees ensures success in a long run.

Aristocratic bosses are not entirely extinct. They still exist. They expect you to show respect etc. What do you think about them Mals ?

7. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

Hi Malspie,

You have hit a vital topic here. Many of them follow the famous to be famous and they find it a short cut to success. They praise the famous, be in shadows of the famous, keep in touch with the famous, do special favours for the famous, appreciate the famous (even if they totally disagree from heart) in public so that the FAMOUS is in touch with them and is promoting them all the time.

What a spineless person would he be!! It happens in the corporate world, in social circle and mostly with people who crave for attention with no abilities of their own. They have only one rule as you have said it rightly, ' Follow the famous to be famous".

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Ac Dearie,

I have been seeing it everyday all around me. Mals cannot stoop so low for attention. AC, if you see, it is also an art well practised by many in the world. Following the famous, apple polishing them and trying to be in their good books to earn a baseless name. Isn't that an art! Whoopy..

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear sunkan,

People who like to live with their head high and keeping boot licking outside their door suffer a lot in life. Many things remain far away from them. It does not matter. What is the use of the praise and attention and money when you licked and followed to get it. My corpse can also not do it for sure. I can proudly say, I have pulled the reins with all my abilities and have hit the openings in large companies on my merit. I have and will never follow the famous to be famous. It is not in my blood. Join me Sunkan, we may have lots to discuss, if we meet at least on this topic.. haha

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Devs,

Haanji haanji varieties are dime a dozen and they are the ones who have spoiled the climb of the ladder. Every action has got a hidden reason. I am a total misfit when it comes to such games.

Carve a niche for yourself with your efforts, let people recognise you for your efforts and not coz you are following the famous only to be famous....Should be the funda.. What say...