Follicle growth

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by babydustonme, Feb 15, 2011.

1. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

HI,

Thanks a lotr for the earlier replies from evryone.

Doctor had asked me to come on my 12 th day for a follicle scan again, she never gave me any tablets or injection this time she wanted to check if the follicles would grow gud without injecting any medicines , and on my 12th day the follicle sizes were one follicle was 1.8. another 1.6 and another 1.4 and my endometrium was 6 mm. she has again asked me to come on my 15th day to check if it has ruptured or not , i dont know wat it mean can u please let me know what is this and is this a good follicle size to concieve please let me know

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

May be your doc is trying to watch the natural process in you.
    You have one follicle on 18 mm & rest are little small... Hope that 18mm will rupure, (i.e, it will come out of its shell for conception) & meet the sperm. You can start having IC. Endometrium is little less, hope it will pick up or you can try some progesterone supplements while on 2WW.
    All the best for this cycle!
    Baby dust to you.

3. coolheart

coolheart New IL'ite

hi,
    i had my follicular study on 11th day it was 17mm follicle and thin endometrium, so the doc said mostly this cycle will be cancelled as the endo is too thin.
    i went on my 13th day the follicle has grown to 20 mm and endometrium was 4mm. Is there a chance that my endometrium willl grow before ovulation? how much will endometrium grow each day?. Last cycle i had my trigger shot on 16th day, the follicle size was 22mm and endo was 7.
    i took clomid 100 mg, 2nd cycle.

4. Vasumathy

Hi Coolheart,
    Follicular size is good but the endometrium doesn't seem to be good. Endometrium will grow around 1 mm a day. Clomid tend to reduce the endometrium thickness. So, in the next cycle, ask for femera or some supplement for endometrium growth. For this cycle you can try progesteron supplements after ovulation. Currently can try some tablets to improve the growth of endo. But i feel it late to try this.
    Take care. Baby dust to you.

5. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

hi,
    i had a scan on my 16th day and doctor said on rhs i have 3 follicles of 2.4 and 2.1 and 1.6 cm and endometrium is 12 mm since it had nt ruptured she gave me HCG 5000 injection and has also asked me to take progestrone for two weeks i want to know from when should we try for me to concieve and how long does the follicle take to rupture after giving this injection and the egg is a fertilised egg or not why didnt it rupture on its own please help

6. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi all

I have heard that "eating cooked sweet potato daily" will induce ovulation and improve egg quality.

Raw Sweet Potato

Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)

Energy 360 kJ (86 kcal)
    Carbohydrates 20.1 g
    Starch 12.7 g
    Sugars 4.2 g
    Dietary fibre 3.0 g
    Fat 0.1 g
    Protein 1.6 g
    Vitamin A equiv. 709 μg (79%)
    - beta-carotene 8509 μg (79%)
    - lutein and zeaxanthin 0 μg
    Thiamine (Vit. B1) 0.1 mg (8%)
    Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.1 mg (7%)
    Niacin (Vit. B3) 0.61 mg (4%)
    Pantothenic acid (B5) 0.8 mg (16%)
    Vitamin B6 0.2 mg (15%)
    Folate (Vit. B9) 11 μg (3%)
    Vitamin C 2.4 mg (4%)
    Vitamin E 0.26 mg (2%)
    Calcium 30.0 mg (3%)
    Iron 0.6 mg (5%)
    Magnesium 25.0 mg (7%)
    Phosphorus 47.0 mg (7%)
    Potassium 337 mg (7%)
    Sodium 55 mg (2%)
    Zinc 0.3 mg (3%)

It is for Raw Sweet potato, if it is cooked nutritional value will get reduced i think.

I think this information will be useful.

7. Vasumathy

Hi Babydustonme,
    Is it a medicated cycle or natural one? To few natural rupture would fail in medicated cycle, hence docs would go for triggering ovulation using hCG shots. Don't worry now. Ensure follicle has ruptured with scan.
    It will take 24-36 for the follicle to rupture, so, you can start trying around 24 hours of the shot till some days!
    All the best. Baby dust to you!

8. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

hi vasu,

Thank u so much for getting back
    Actually i was given stimufol on my 3 rd day of my periods for some 5 days and after tat no medicine was given for follicles to grow it had grown on its own this time without any medications but i dont know why it didnt rupture and another question is will all follicles have matured egg in it , i have 3 follicles of size 2.4 ,2.1 and 1.6 on my right hand side and my endometrium is 12 mm .And my doctor didnt ask me to come for any scan she just gave the injection and asked me to try for 4-5 days from the day teh injection was given but tat was my 16th day last mth 28th i had gt my periods so will the follicle rupture with this injection and will it contain a matured egg to help me to concieve

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  9. Vasumathy

Baby dust on me,
    I have answered to the rest of the queries in your other thread. Please do not start multiple threads unless its necessary.
    Coming to the rest of the query.. I used to get 10000 IU of hCG shot for ovulation trigger & it will be successful. I never tried 5000 IU, the minimum dose i took for my treatments is 75000 IU. Hope the scan will know the condition of those follicles. May be your doc should have asked for early scan, 2 or 3 days later 5 days seems to be big in my thought.
    Lets see.. Take care.. All the best!