Follicle growth

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by babydustonme, Feb 15, 2011.

1. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

please suggest

HI,

As my earlier post about follicle growth.am writing again i had pcos issue and with some medicines and injections cysts were rectified and my follicle size on 12th day was 21 mm i thought i would concieve but i didn't concieve its just 1 mth tat we tried and when checked with doctor she did a scan on the third day and said there are no cysts and she suggested a test for my husband tat is semen analysis and for me HSG.but i dnt want 2 go for HSG so my hubby did semen analysis test and the report is tis way
    sperm count-60 million/ml
    motility:rapid progressive motility-70%;sluggish progressive motility:0%;non progressive motility:0%;no motility:30% and morphology is 80% and volume is 3 ml and liquification is 30 min;;;

what is this is this normal count.and if yes then wat could be the reason to not concieve.

And i dont want to go for HSG AS I HAVE HEARD Many disadvantages in tat ,am planning 2 try for some more time nd then in case i dont concieve to o for it is tat ok

and am given stimufol tablets 5 mg to take wat is this tablets

2. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Re: please suggest

Hi babydust,:hiya

you are right dont go for Hsg so early.your Dh count is very good......and also the motility is good he has good report.:)

stimfoul is given for good egg growth and ovulation....it is tsken 5 days from day 2 of period.

if you have no other issues and if you have age on your side i will suggest try some more time ....as conceving is complex process and takes time:bowdown

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Babydustonme,
    Try few cycle until go proceed to next level. Move to next level of treatment only when your heart says you are done with current step. Get the satisfaction in each stage. Its tough to turn back to earlier stage, do your best in each stage & then propagate.
    Your DH has pretty good count. Hope soon you will succeed.
    All the best.
    Baby dust to you.

4. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi babaydust
    stimufol 5 mg is for good follicle growth and ovulation on time(say id someone is ovalating late that is 20 days or so then she can ovulate on day 14 -15)...my doctor suggested this tab for me for last 2 cycle and i ovulated correctly on day 14.

though i have not serched its side effect yet.:hide:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  5. Nid31

Nid31 Senior IL'ite

HI Babydustonme,

Getting pregnant is not exact science.. Even if everything is good.. the chances of natural conception are only 10% and that's why the docs ask couples to try for atleast one year...

Now that your follicle size is good.. Try for some more time before proceeding to other techniques.

6. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

The count,motility and morphology is good..........you can do one HSG.it is little uncomfortable but it is good to be done soon.

7. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

doctor had asked me to come on my 9th day for a follicle scan and she said there are 3 follicles one of 1.5 cm and another of 1.3 and another one of 1.1.She said it has shown good response and again has asked me to come on my 11th day for a scan
    I want to know if this is good follicle size and what are the food items which help the follicles to grow well.And when can we try to concieve a baby.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
  8. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Hi babydust,the growth is normal an no worries on that part.
    Having a good nutrition diet and being stress free esp not to think about the end result of the trying this month is the best way to tone up your reproductive system.

All we can do is to give our best.Add fresh vegetables,greens,protien rich diet to your food.Relax and be calm.Pursue your favorite hobby may be like singing/knitting/painting.Think positive and be happy.Life gives us back good things only if we cherish it and live every moment.

For example, if you are a school teacher,the students will like you handle them with good care.They will show good results if you teaching them with interest and care.That will make them study well an give you good results.

Similarly I see this TTC as a 'giving back what we give in' .If you do all the efforts with utmost care and love , it may be eating healthy,doing meditation,working-out to red uce weight.Even small actions contribute to the good output.

So be happy,eat healthy,dont think extremely about the biological facts and its progress.Listen to your doctor.Believe in yourself and God! Things will fall in place.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Baby dust on me,
    That was good size... Just continue your diet. Include protein rich in your food!
    You can start trying from the day you will receive hCG shot or when you expect ovulation. Every day or every other day will do fine!
    Hope things will go fine this cycle!
    All the best dear!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  10. harinirao

harinirao New IL'ite

Everything seems fine.
    But I can understand if you are impatient and want to be successful when everything is right.

As far as I have heard HSG has more advantages than disadvantages. It clears out any debris/blocks etc and of course makes sure your tubes are open. Moreover the chances of conception up to 3 months after having the procedure is very high! But the pain factor varies from person to person.

I would suggest to go for a IUI the next time cycle when the follicles come to the right size. Give that everything is perfect your chances are better with IUI and the procedure is very fast and cheap.

Its all about time and money. GL!:thumbsup